Last night after watching a movie on my Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, I noticed that my WiFi connection was lost and the message out of range was displayed in Connections. Moving closer did not help so I rebooted my router thinking it was and IP problem. Still did not help but my laptop and Blackberry 10 phone were working normally with the WiFi.

I then noticed that the tablet's wifi symbol was missing and none of the usual neighbour's locked wifi networks are visible. Re starting the tablet has not helped. Bluetooth is still working. I have of course checked that Airplane mode is off.

What steps should I now take to try to fix this? It is still under warranty
    03-01-2015 04:05 AM
    Even though you've already rebooted the device, I would toggle the wifi off and back on, toggle airplane mode on and back off and if neither of these resolved the issue I'd do a factory reset. If that doesn't solve the problem, it would be off for warranty repair.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.
    03-01-2015 08:22 AM
    Connert,

I'm uncertain what the tablet has backed up to the Samsung cloud. Does it backup automatically on certain intervals?
    After I do a factory reset (still to learn how to do that) and if the WiFi is then working again will a restore give me back my downloaded apps?
    Another point is how is the tablet able to connect to my Samsung TV using WiFi Direct but not show any other networks?
    03-01-2015 08:28 AM
    I would try clearing cache in recovery before trying the factory reset. To do either you would reboot into recovery by first powering completely down, then hold the volume up button and continue holding it while holding the power button. As soon as the screen powers up release the power button but continue to hold the volume up button until the recovery mode appears.
    Beemer2 likes this.
    03-01-2015 10:39 AM
    Cache now cleared, but on reboot no wifi symbol appeared
    I think I have a hardware fault. Is there no diagnostic program built into the OS?
    03-01-2015 12:02 PM
    Your Samsung account will have the data saved on the last sync. I think it has some settings to determine how often that happens. If a restore so es the issue, most of your apps will reload when you log in to your Google account. The play store has them marked in the apps section.

If you do a Google search for a "how to" on the factory reset you will find a few. Without being able to get online it my be more difficult to run any kind of back up at this point. Your Google Play store account will help you reinstall your apps. In the apps section, look for the menu item "my apps".

Good luck.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.
    Beemer2 likes this.
    03-01-2015 02:38 PM
    Connert and Muzzy996,

This morning I did a factory reset and the WiFi symbol is back and I'm online.
    Many thanks for your support.

Despite much searching I never came across a single posting of such a WiFi total failure. So I'm wondering just what could have caused it. I use the paid AVG app to try to protect and it never has picked up anything wrong.

Are their Apps out there that can diagnose Android hardware?
    Connert likes this.
    03-02-2015 02:10 AM