Using wifi to Splashtop and miracast at the same time

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I have my PC in the lounge room hooked up to my AVR and cable tv box. Use a wireless keyboard and mouse, but wanting to do away with the monitor lead crossing the lounge room between PC and my normal sitting position.
Was hoping getting the desktop to my Note Pro screen using splashtop, and then miracasting to a netgear Push2TV plugged into a full hd monitor with an HDMI port would do the job.
Problem is, the picture starts breaking up, and eventually freezes after only a short time.
Is this the Note Pro not being able to handle the double wifi load (splashtop and miracast) or is it possible my Netgear Push2TV3000 is playing up?
Thing is, if I just get the Note Pro to do normal miracast (pro screen to monitor) with the Push2TV3000 it works fine. Miracasting a full hd video no prob. So I suspect it is the double wifi load.
Maybe I need to find a way of sending the computer screen direct from the computer screen to the monitor some way, instead of via the Note Pro?
Thoughts, suggestions anyone?

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, 213 looks but no suggestions?

Would a more powerful miracast gadget (such as the Minix Neo x8H + have a better chance of doing this without picture breakup and freezing? So Splashtop to grab PC desktop on Note Pro, miracast to Minix Neo, then to a PC monitor via hdmi lead.
Using a Netgear Nighthawk AC, with excellent wifi signal strength. Would using the 5g channel instead of the 2.4g channel help?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae