USB Audio Out on Note Pro?

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way of sending digital audio files out over USB to an external player or portable amplifier on the Note Pro.

Looking at the new Oppo HA2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Probably not. From a quick web search, it sounds like there was some support for USB audio output on earlier devices which required rooting and custom ROMs. Are you unable to use the headphone jack for audio output?

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'd never thought of doing USB output for audio. I did find some good tools for USB audio input without rooting, though.

Posted via the Android Central App

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes I can use the headphone out, but that is an analogue output, I want the pure digital flac files to go out to an external DAC, for better sound quality (am looking at the Oppo HA-2). Some surfing seems to suggest that the android from version 4.0 upwards is capable of this (without rooting or custom roms), but it is a matter of which individual devices give you access to this feature. It seems some of the latest Note 10.1s do, but have yet to find any indication that the Pro does.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I see. How about an MHL adapter, and plugging the HDMI into an AV receiver that's connected to a high quality sound system? But then again, it would have to be a video that you're playing on the tablet, not a music track.

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
That would work fine if I wanted that (in fact have done that, and it is fine). But it is not what I am talking about.
Either late at night, or out on the go, I want to be able to use a good pair of headphones, and plug into a good high-quatlity sound source - namely a portable DAC like the Oppo HA-2, or a digital player with a built in high quality DAC, like the Fiio X3 or X5, to play cd quality or higher flac files.

aslondon

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
In reading the ad for the oppo ha-2 unit it says it is supplied with an on the go OTG usb cable. I think the notepro supports that.

Al

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Al.

If it seems I am being unreasonably hair-splitting, I apologise, it is just my unfamiliarity with the technical details, but does the fact that on-the-go cables work with hard drives etc on the Note Pro, does this mean suitable aps could use that route for usb audio?

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Note Pro owners are already a minority so adding onto it a custom application such as this and it's no wonder you're struggling to get an answer.

Is such a use something that is possible on other Android devices? If so then there is at least hope that it will work but if not then one has to wonder if drivers would need to be developed in order to use such devices with android itself let alone the tablet.

aslondon

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I think so since the Oppo website mentions it is compatible. OTG is a "standard". Sorry I can't be of more help, I do understand your concerns

Al

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Just an update on this issue: I bought the Oppo HA-2 DAC/Headphone Amp, and the Oppo PM-3 Headphones. Downloaded USB Audio Player Professional (UAPP).
Oppo HA-2 comes with its own on-the-go cable
Plugged the HA-2 into my Note Pro (Micro USB Port), plugged the headphones into the DAC, started up the UAPP app - audio bliss!!!

Far better sound than directly plugging into Note Pro Headphone jack. Playing ripped FLAC files of my CD's and DVD-audios - even multi-channel. The UAPP app downmixes surround to Stereo so no loss of content. Sound is Superb.

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Further update re USB Audio out.

With an on-the-go cable plugged into a USB hub, and my DAC and a 1TB portable hard drive plugged into the hub, the UAPP app can read hours of lossless FLAC files from the hard drive, play them to the DAC, and from there to either my headphones or to the stereo line of of my car's sound system.

:cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63