HDMI while charging

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Update for my prob (Post 10 above): bought the genuine Samsung MHL 2 to HDMI adapter. Connected that to my new LG 23mp75 IPS full HDMI monitor. I now have a very sharp clear picture. Not wireless, and if I move the Note Pro while the MHL is connected the signal to the screen sometimes gets interrupted and it goes into standby mode. But otherwise the solution is working. Controlling my PC on the Pro using Splashtop, and PC picture from Pro to LG monitor via MHL to HDMI.
Would have preferred a wireless solution but was too flaky, unless there is something out there that is better than the Netgear Push2TV 3000.
Post above seems to suggest Chromecast not the solution. Maybe a widi solution in the future instead of mirrorcast?
but why does the Note 3 work better than the Pro? (as per post above)

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Update: Note Pro 12.2 still not working. On a whim I connected the Note 8.0 tablet and the Chromecast. Even though the not supported message pops up it works. The only drawback to this is on the 23 inch Asus monitor that is a 1920 by 1080 resolution it seems a bit blurry since the Note 8.0 tablet is 1280 by 800 resolution and that is what is appearing via screen cast. A guess is the Note 12.2 with its 2560 by 1440 resolution has too many pixels to push via Chromecast causing the freezing and rebooting and has not yet been optimized to work with Chromecast. The Note 4 though is officially supported but I do not have that to test. So does anyone use the Note Pro 12.2 with no issues? I may end up getting the Samsung All Share Cast Hub.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Update for my prob (Post 10 above): bought the genuine Samsung MHL 2 to HDMI adapter. Connected that to my new LG 23mp75 IPS full HDMI monitor. I now have a very sharp clear picture. Not wireless, and if I move the Note Pro while the MHL is connected the signal to the screen sometimes gets interrupted and it goes into standby mode. But otherwise the solution is working. Controlling my PC on the Pro using Splashtop, and PC picture from Pro to LG monitor via MHL to HDMI.
Would have preferred a wireless solution but was too flaky, unless there is something out there that is better than the Netgear Push2TV 3000.
Post above seems to suggest Chromecast not the solution. Maybe a widi solution in the future instead of mirrorcast?
but why does the Note 3 work better than the Pro? (as per post above)

Why is Chromecast not a solution for you? Unless you're using a Note Pro 12.2 and there is indeed a bug with this tablet, I don't see why you couldn't use a Chromecast since it does support full screen mirroring. Yes, wired solutions are always best since there's less chance of signal degradation and lost packets (the standby while you move might be just a loose connector that unplugs when you move it), but wireless is always more convenient. Gotta choose which means more to you.

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Why is Chromecast not a solution for you? Unless you're using a Note Pro 12.2 and there is indeed a bug with this tablet, I don't see why you couldn't use a Chromecast since it does support full screen mirroring. Yes, wired solutions are always best since there's less chance of signal degradation and lost packets (the standby while you move might be just a loose connector that unplugs when you move it), but wireless is always more convenient. Gotta choose which means more to you.

Re-read my post: I am using a Note Pro 12.2:
".. Not wireless, and if I move the Note Pro " and "...Controlling my PC on the Pro"

This is the Note Pro forum: that's why I am posting here!

Have already duplicated purchases of mhl adapters, do not feel like throwing more money away by doubling up my mirror casting purchase by replacing the Netgear Push2TV 3000 I have already bought with a chromecast: am on a limited income (pension) and cannot afford to to keep buying one non-working solution after another.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey, no need to get altered! In the same venue, re-read MY post :p
"Unless you're using a Note Pro 12.2 and there is indeed a bug with this tablet"

I know you're using the Pro, I don't know if you've replicated the bug the other user is experiencing. It's not unheard of that some units have issues and some others don't. And yeah, I get what you mean for not wanting to shell out cash. If you've already bought the MHL and that's working for you, then why switch? BUT if you ever want to be wireless and moving around, then I'd say a Chromecast is a much better solution than the Netgear thingy.

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, tend to get a little impatient when it seems someone has not properly read a post.
Both wired and wireless have their probs. Causing a wired connection to move and lose contact, and putting strain on that plug with a heavy lead, are both cons for wired. But it seems wireless is too flaky and hit-and-miss at the moment. I am mainly wanting to connect to a monitor (not a TV) while connecting remotely with my PC while using Splashtop (not just normal app or video streaming) and the double-wifi load seems to be too much for the Pro. Or the Netgear Push2TV 3000 is flaky.
Have a full 5 bars wifi signal where I am trying to do this, so that is not the prob.
Will just have to wait and see if the technology gets better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463