I am a student going back to school soon and I want the superior tablet for note taking, browsing the Internet and reading/writing on PDF files such as textbooks.
    I was debating between the Note Pro 12.2 and the Note 10.1 2014. The Note 12.2 seems better in terms of screen size and multitasking but the Note 10.1 might be large enough but the stylus isn't as good. Opinions?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-26-2015 12:18 PM
    I am a student going back to school soon and I want the superior tablet for note taking, browsing the Internet and reading/writing on PDF files such as textbooks.
    I was debating between the Note Pro 12.2 and the Note 10.1 2014. The Note 12.2 seems better in terms of screen size and multitasking but the Note 10.1 might be large enough but the stylus isn't as good. Opinions?

Posted via the Android Central App
    To be honest I don't think the software is all that different between the two in terms of multitasking but if that is a key issue then certainly the added screen real estate will help in that regard too. For me the problem I often have with multitasking on tablets is dealing with the on screen keyboard. Having the larger screen helps but I still end up using a small on screen keyboard and swiping rather than the landscape on screen keyboard.

Stylus wise the two are the same when it comes to note taking IMO.

PDF markup is more of a software thing and the experience can vary from excellent to horrible on Android depending on the size and complexity of the files. For large PDF scans (I'm talking many pages) things get slower.. Just something to remember.. In my experience once I hit a wall with a particular PDF it doesn't matter what reader I use (for me it's not uncommon to need to mark up a file with hundreds of pages of 11x17 scans). Files that are printed text aren't too much trouble.

That said I love my Note Pro for note taking, particularly with LectureNotes. I like to import the agenda of a meeting that is in PDF format into a new notebook and then take notes on it or add pages to the notebook and keep everything organized together that way.

Some people prefer to take notes using a keyboard so that text is already text and notes are searchable. I'm not one of those people.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    Rukbat likes this.
    04-26-2015 02:00 PM
    There is a previous discussion on this topic in this forum you might find valuable:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=479789

You might try posting in the 10.1" forum too. I think there was already a similar post there too so search for that first before creating a new one.
    04-27-2015 01:11 PM