Bloatware Removal

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I am running Nova Launcher due to the famous Touch Wiz lag issues but I'm wondering what other stock apps are safe for me to either disable or uninstall? I am not rooted and don't plan to do so. But I'd love to fine tune my 12.2 as much as possible. Thanks in advance.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure that is why I'm asking. I was reading an article that I can't find now about an iPhone user who switched to she Samsung S6 and at first it was very large for him. But he dropped Touch Wiz for Nova, which I did months ago and he deleted all the bloatware he could and disabled all that he couldn't. Problem is that he must have assumed that all his readers would know what would be totally safe to delete/disable.
So my delima.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I have this wonderful tablet and I don't worry about the bloatware. So far it has not been a big problem. The only issue that I can see is that some apps seem to want to be updated every time you turn it on so that stops or slows down the stock news app (Flipboard) that I use every day. Do you have a specific stock app that you feel is bloatware?

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
No, like I said I'm just looking for a list of safe apps to mess with. Yes the device is fast but if it goes 80mph and I can tinker with it to get it to 100mph then that's what I'm shooting for.

To each his own.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I guess you could throw in the default Camera app and default web browser app too. I use Google Chrome web browser. Not sure that you are really referring to these types of apps but they are the ones that comes with Android or TouchWiz.

You could replace your lock screen too to provide more or different functionality. Search the Play Store for "lock screen".

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried different keyboards yet? Swype, SwiftKey, Minuum (try mini mode - its radically different and probably makes more sense to use on a phone sized screen.)

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm rooted so I can't say what you'd have the ability to disable w/ out root but here's what I have fozen on my tablet:

Allshare
ANT HAL/Radio services
Backup
BlurbCheckout
Bubbles screen saver
Businessweek
Cisco Webex
Cloud Print
Cloud Agent
Currents
Daynote
Dual Clock
E-Meeting
ELM Agent
FWUpgrade
Galaxy Apps
HP Print Service
KLMS Agent
Magazine Widget
Mobile Print
Mobile Tracker
Mobile Print Service
Music
My Files
My Magazine
Netflix
NY Times
Pagebuddy Notification Service
Phase beam screensaver
Remote Controls
Remote PC
S-Finder
S-Voice
Samsun Apps Widget
Samsung Backup Service
Samsung Cloud Data/Quota
Samsung Content Agent
Samsung In-App Purchase service
Samsung Print Service
Samsung Push Service
Samsung SBrowser SyncAdapter
Samsung SetupWizard
Samsung Snote3 Syncadapter
Samsung Syncadapters
Samsung text to speech service
samsung watchon
Screen Mirroring
Screen Saver
Share Music
Sketchbook for Galaxy
Software Update
Travel Wallpaper
Video Player
Weather and Briefing

I don't use any of Samsung's widgets so I could care less about them. For note taking I either use LectureNotes (synced through Dropbox using DropSync) or I'll sync S-Notes through Evernote so I don't need any of Samsung's own sync services. I uninstalled all Hancom software and use Office 365 instead (yes I pay the monthly ransom to Microsoft) since I can't stand using Hancom for opening my business documents.

Love my tablet, very stable and responsive.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc