Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 - Would you buy it today(5/18/2015)?

Cauhauna

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm in the market for a tablet on verizon or tmobile. No other bundled devices or services or phones.

If you were in the market for a tablet today and did not want an iPAD, would you still purcahse the Note Pro 12.2?

Is there a new version coming this year? If so, when?

Any outstanding issues that haven't been fixed via software update? How does update support for this device compare to your other devices?

fastcarve

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I'd absolutely buy it again today if I didn't already have it. I'm on the Verizon version with no issues.

I have no idea when there will be a new version. I haven't heard any rumors.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes I would as it is still the best tablet on the market in my opinion. In fact I just listed my Surface Pro 3 tonight on ebay as I consider it 2nd to my 12.2 for several reasons.

1) Calendar just works much better for me in month view
2) Gmail app just shows my emails better as they fit the screen perfectly and I haven't found a good email app on the SP3 that does that
3) Kindle much easies to navigate
4) Several different Bible apps
5) Netflix seems to work better on the 12.2 for me
6) Better video player experience
7) ToDoist isn't in app format for Windows yet

Surface Pro does the following better:
1) Full Office
2) Better News App experience
3) Better Facebook Experience

So yeah, overall I'm selling the Pro 3 and keeping my Pro 12.2.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Would I buy another Note Pro? Heck yeah . . this is my second one, I lost the first a couple of months into ownership last year in an act of stupidity on my part.

Would I buy a US carrier based variant? Nope . . . Been there, done that. I don't like having Android tablets tied to carrier based changes, but that's just me. Slower release schedules initially, slower updates, and occasional incompatibilities or stability issues not to mention locked boot loaders and difficulties rooting as well of lack of development of ROMs . . all adds up to me staying away.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I would buy it again but only in the WiFi only version for the reasons another gave above. I have the Note 8 carrier version (AT&T) and had to wait months for the last OS upgrade past the WiFi only OS upgrade.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a used one off swappa last week and love it. Perfect companion to my Note 4.

I got mine just before I got my Note 4. I was concerned that I might not really use my Note Pro tablet that much since the Note 4 has such a large screen and the S Pen also.

While I don't use the Note Pro tablet as much as my Note 4 (probably because of the portability of the Note 4), it sure is great for the times when I do use it (playing games, watching tv/movies/YouTube, taking handwritten notes, pdf markup). They just look so much better on the 12.2" screen.

pdf markup is particularly nice on the large 12.2" screen in portrait mode. It's just like have a full size sheet of paper in front of you.

And when I'm washing dishes, I like to prop up the 12.2" Note Pro on the window sill over the sink and watch cable tv or sports. The speakers are great (loud) for this.

Overall, yes, I'd buy it again. I have the Wi-Fi version. The battery life is incredible (6+ days standby, 3 to 4 days of light use, 2 days very heavy use).

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I would to, although mine is mostly appropriated by the rest of the family. There is no comparable android tablet out there at present. The only thing I might have done differently would have been save a few £££ and buy the tab version but as I got it early directly from Samsung, thus wasn't an option.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

lmb02

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I'd buy it again. Even better deal (lower price) now. I went with the note pro rather than the tab, even though I hardly use the stylus, I wanted the extra RAM for apps. Added a 128GB microsd for movies and music and I use it for reading, entertainment, skype, VoIP calls, and at night, a giant digital clock. Probably would not have gotten the Zagg keyboard, but Samsung wasn't releasing the keyboard for another 3 months and I couldn't wait. A pity I can't put at least a partial gel protective skin and leave the bottom open to sit in the keyboard groove.

cbill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have owned 7 various sized tablets and one large phone. None can compare with the Note 12.2. If you want maximum portability don't buy it; if you want a great personal tablet for around the the home, surfing the net, watching "Netflicks", showing your photos and film clips this tablet would be hard to beat, and a steal at the current reduced prices!

Posted via the Android Central App

Whip

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
In theory, yes I would "buy it today." After all I've been through over mine I guess I really must like it, eh? I'm on tablet number 3 now-- the first two having been sent back to Samsung for the screen flicker/power drain issue. This one has been ok so far, BUT I've only had it for a couple weeks. The first tablet worked great for about 5 weeks, and the second for about 2, before the screen started flickering and eventually went into reboot cycles. It was maddening, actually. But besides that I love the tablet. The screen size, video quality, snappiness of it overall are all amazing and probably the best out there, over a year after its release. It definitely left iWhatever in the dust when it came out. The only con, if you could call it a con, is the size isn't much portable at all. If you are buying it, thinking it will be you may want to think twice. I'm sure the Note 10 or 10.1 or whatever it is would be perfect for that.
So, bottom line, aside from the flickering issue, this is the best tablet you can get your hands on to date. If the prices have come down as some have suggested, grab one while you can. Even if they are lowering prices for a soon-to-be-released updated version, I really can't think of what needs to be "updated" anyway. Buy one. Just make sure you get a warranty plan in case you get one with the infamous screen flickering bug. They'll keep replacing it for you until you get one that works, I guess lol.