Bluetooth Issues after 5.0.2

bmas1965

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
I just have to thank all of you for your questions and diligence regarding this matter.
I've downloaded the Korean version and I'm up and running again. What a relief as I use my device professionally and as a PC.
Bottom line is that it is useless to me without a key board.
BTW. to get by I was successfully using an Apple keyboard.

Thanks again

Polotis

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm posting to offer my thanks. My wife was aching to have her keyboard back and is really appreciative that she can now use it.
Thank you!

I will offer a few clarifications to/for those sitting on the fence wanting to do this but are afraid. I used Odin 3.10.6 from Softpedia and I hemmed and hawd since the SamMobile site explicitly stated ver. 3.9. I looked around for that version and did some reading on the Android XDA site and came to the conclusion that it would be okay to use the one from Softpedia.

It took about, as someone mentioned, two hours to download the firmware. I unzipped it and got the .tar file. I used Kies to backup the tablet and made sure the USB drivers were installed. With the tablet disconnected from the PC I put it into download mode as described. I started Odin and then connected the tablet.
The com port was NOT recognized and I was worried for a moment. I then thought that perhaps the USB port I was using may be a little bit questionable: There is usually a primary USB port in the laptop or desktop that is more dependable. So I disconnected the tablet (without shutting down Odin) and plugged the cable into another USB port. The drivers installed themselves again but Odin did not recognize the tablet (com port). I thought maybe the application just needed a restart so restarted Odin and it was recognized instantly.
I tabbed to the log tab on the interface and with the AP box checked pointed to the firmware file in the file browser. It took a few minutes to load the file - this would depend on your system memory and processor speed. In that first minute I tried to click on the `options` tab and the application greyed out with the cursor turning to the spinning wheel symbol and the title of the application window saying that it was not responding. I sat back for a minute not knowing what to do and it suddenly came back with the option tab now visible. Odin was loading the file while I tried to tab and it overloaded -- so once you point to the firmware file make sure you wait until it is fully loaded before doing anything else. Just remember to stay calm. :)

Anyway, the start button went live and once clicking it, the process took just under four minutes to complete.

Once the tablet was updated it started to reboot and at this time it is safe to disconnect from the computer and wait for everything to set itself up. I had unmounted the SD card but had not removed it - I found it had re-mounted on the reboot. So, you may want to take the SD card out to be safe but it seemed fine. Everything seemed alright - most importantly, I confirm that the keyboard now works again.

mtaylorUSA

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Sorry All,

But I'm still confused.

I tried to download the ODIN zip on my tablet...didn;t work because I could not get past the little anti-bot security puzzle.
I then tried to download ODIN to my Mac (which is what I think Im supposed to do). Got the zipped file, but I cannot open it to get the TAR file.

If/when I ca open the TAR file on my Mac, do I then plug in the tablet and go through the other steps? (The tar file on my Mac will communicate with my tablet?)

Polotis

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Sorry All,

But I'm still confused.

I tried to download the ODIN zip on my tablet...didn;t work because I could not get past the little anti-bot security puzzle.
I then tried to download ODIN to my Mac (which is what I think Im supposed to do). Got the zipped file, but I cannot open it to get the TAR file.

If/when I ca open the TAR file on my Mac, do I then plug in the tablet and go through the other steps? (The tar file on my Mac will communicate with my tablet?)

You need ODIN on your COMPUTER and you need the firmware file on your COMPUTER.

Let me say it again: You need TWO files. One is the program that actually sends the firmware to the tablet and second is the firmware.
The firmware is here: (I can`t post links) sammobile.com-firmwares-download-51238-P900KXUBOG6_P900KOOBOG6_KOO/ (click the link in post #211 above)
The program (ODIN) is here: softpedia.com

If you can't get past the anti-bot security you have to keep trying until you do because you cannot flash your tablet unless you have the tools to do so.

Once you have the files on your computer and unzipped -- maybe you need an unzipper too? If so then you would have to search for one - I don't know much about Macs. The firmware file will unzip to be the TAR file. The ODIN file will unzip to be a PROGRAM.

Please back up your tablet before starting using Kies For Mac: that would be available on the Samsung site (this is to ensure that your computer will have the needed USB drivers installed).

Once ready to begin: You start ODIN. You place your tablet into download mode unplugged from the computer. You NOW plug in your tablet. ODIN should recognize the tablet - if it does, a blueish rectangle will appear that displays a communications port number. You click on the little box beside "AP" then click the AP button. This will bring up a file browser. You find the TAR file and click on that. The TAR file will now start loading into ODIN. Once it is loaded the box that says "binary size" will have a number in it (this could take a minute or two) . You now click on the start button.
That should do it.

OKCJLB

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I noticed that someone posted a reply saying that one of the companies told them it would be August 12, as that is today, can anyone confirm that? Did the update come out to fix this issue?

OKCJLB

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I was hopeful, but figured it wouldn't happen today. This has been one big bummer. I don't really want to try and load another country's Lollipop onto my tablet. I'm not sure if I trust myself enough to do all of that without messing anything up.

SAXNE1

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys that date may have been mine - sort of.
I use a blue tooth foot pedal to turn pages (while reading sheet music). The device is made by AirTurn. At one point they had a posting on their support site that said Samsung would have a fix applied Aug 5.
Now their site says:
"Android Users: Samsung has contacted us reguarding the 5.0.2 update problem. *A new update will be released to restore functionality to AirTurn products as well as other brands of Bluetooth keyboards -- this update has been delayed by Samsung but it should be available soon."
I too am upset but Samsung did take my device back and reloaded the KitKat OS. Took about 7 days. Now I can wait for them to get their act together and send an update (and at that I am not moving fast once it does come out).
Good luck and I apologize if I caused any confusion.
OH by the way if you want to get Samsung to replace your operating system refer to my ticket number 4131459451.
Good luck

Posted via the Android Central App

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I just checked the SamMobile website for the firmware and there was a small change, which could be nothing at all, but it might be something. I noticed the date for Korea 5.0.2 Firmware changed from 7-27-15 to -7-1-15 and the Cellular South 5.0.2 Firmware changed from 7-6-15 to 7-1-15 as well but there is no listing for the KitKat 4.2.2 Firmware for Cellular South. I find that odd, but I'll download the Cellular South 5.0.2 and install it to see if there is a change and if not I'll just revert back to KitKat. I doubt there will be a change since the last three characters OF4 puts the build being done in 2015, June, 4th Version.

This is on the website:

Date Country/Carrier Version PDA CSC Kies
2015-07-01 Korea 5.0.2 P900KXUBOG6 P900KOOBOG6 YES
2015-07-01 Korea 4.4.2 P900KXUAOG2 P900KOOAOG2 NO
2015-07-01 Trinidad and Tobago 4.4.2 P900UBUAOC2 P900UVSAOC1 YES
2015-07-01 Uruguay 4.4.2 P900UBUAOC2 P900UVSAOC1 YES
2015-07-01 Switzerland 5.0.2 P900XXU0BOF2 P900AUT0BOF1 NO
2015-07-01 Canada 5.0.2 P900UEU1COF4 P900XAC1COF4 YES
2015-07-01 Cellular south 5.0.2 P900UEU1COF4 P900XAR1COF4 YES
2015-06-01 Netherlands 5.0.2 P900XXU0BOF2 P900OXA0BOF2 YES

Last edited:

mel897

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
It's the last 3 digits in the PDA file that indicate the release version... OG6 for Korea. This is the version I'm using (and the only one released) and it works just fine. Caveats... once installed you have to do a factory reset. Install starts in Korean but the Language drop down is on the first screen. There are some extra calendars available in S Planner... in Korean... so just turn them off if you are not Korean. So far (a week now) it's working so well I think I'll just stick with the Korean image until 5.1.1 comes along (it might, this is still the current model). Bonus... Korean version comes with a free virus checker (that you probably don't need). FWIW, I think that the hold up might be that they plan to release the fix along with the patch for the Stagefright Bug which is imminent. Don't bother with "OF4", it's broken!

encelle111

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well I called Samsung again today just to bug them and tell them it was ridiculous that it takes 6 weeks to fix code when they already have the code from previous versions that were working. I frankly think this is a ploy make us all have to go out and purchase Samsung keyboards so they can bleed more money from us. They have done a wonderful job of hiding any mention of this on their website to avoid bad press. I am just absolutely fed up with them and this will probably be my last Samsung purchase.

ChefyTim

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Well, the Korean version does work with the Logitech. Knox didn't get tripped either.

However, while typing on the Logitech some keystroke changes the language and i start typing what i guess is Korean.

mjflo

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone. I'm brand new to the forum and I joined specifically because this was the only place I found ANY information on the Bluetooth issues following the JB 5.0.2 update. I want to say thank you for all of the great ideas and suggestions. I backed up my Note Pro 12.2 via Switch. I downloaded the newest version of Odin and the latest Korean version of 5.0.2 and did everything yesterday 08/13/2015. It went seamlessly and I'm not super tech savvy. I didn't have to do a factory reset. I'm having zero issues following the flash AND most notably: My Logitech keyboard is working and my productivity is bangin' again! Thanks everyone for the ideas and tips. Great stuff!!

OKCJLB

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I can't help but agree with what you said. I have been a huge Samsung fan for years, from TVs, tablets, phones, appliances and so on. But the crap they're doing with all of these updates is really getting under my skin! I haven't updated several apps on my phone or tablet because of all the horrible reviews these updates are getting and people saying they aren't working or, if the case of "SmartSync", how now all of the sudden they're going to make you pay $30 for the software to use the app if you don't have a Samsung PC or Laptop. I'm not sure what their logic is here, but it's asinine and they're going to be losing quite a few customers over these changes. I hate hate hate apple products with a passion, but maybe these damn hipsters are onto something with all their device capabilities!
Sorry, I didn't mean to get on my soapbox there, but I'm just really upset with the way they're doing things!
If you took the time to read this, thank you and I'm sorry.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I was hopeful, but figured it wouldn't happen today. This has been one big bummer. I don't really want to try and load another country's Lollipop onto my tablet. I'm not sure if I trust myself enough to do all of that without messing anything up.
Wifi Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Tablets sold in Asia or US, they are all the same device with identical components. Korean version is no different from US, it's only customized for Korean like search engine is google.com.kr by default or any default page is only for kr, but you can change them with ease.
After a few changes, you'll not see it as a Korean one.

Last edited:

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, but who knows what will happen when Samsung rolls out the bluetooth fix to those in the US that have the Korean version installed? That's a big unknown so I will hold off for a while longer before installing the Korean version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37