12-29-2017 09:09 AM
337 1234 ...
tools
    Thanks Beh. I contacted AirTurn last night, they said it's a bug issue with Android and directed me to this forum LOL
    It isn't a bug in Android but a change in how Android deals with outside connections from what I have seen. The solution is a BT driver update by the 3rd party device manufacturers. This is similar to Windows driver updates in order for 3rd party devices to connect with Windows.
    If I am totally incorrect I know there are much more informed folks here that can set me straight, and no doubt will
    07-09-2015 09:49 PM
    I've not ever heard before of having to download drivers for Android like for Windows.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    07-09-2015 10:05 PM
    I've not ever heard before of having to download drivers for Android like for Windows.

It wouldn't be drivers for Android, but for the BT devices, if I'm understanding correctly. But maybe that's not right either.
    07-09-2015 10:07 PM
    Didn't have to install a driver before.

07-09-2015 10:09 PM
    Has anyone on this forum ever installed a driver to connect a device to an Android phone or tablet? Maybe I'm just in the dark.

07-09-2015 10:12 PM
    I'm having the same issue with my AirTurn pedals - as you say very aggrivating ... I NEED those pedals. Hope a solution is forthcoming soon - I have a gig next Thursday.
    07-09-2015 11:03 PM
    Just checked the AirTurn support page which says "Android Users: Please Do NOT ugrade to Android OS 5.0.2 until further notice." Which would have been nice to know BEFORE I upgraded. Sigh.
    36string likes this.
    07-09-2015 11:10 PM
    I love my keyboard and mouse.. I see no need for the update.. Not to much of a difference to me.

From My Cool Galaxy Note pro 12.2
    07-10-2015 12:59 AM
    I say this again... even if Logitech and all these other companies update their drivers, won't these drivers have to be added to 5.0.2 or 5.0.3 or do you think they can send these to us in individual download files like an apk?
    07-10-2015 05:41 AM
    Maybe samsung wants us to use only their devices and engineered the update to not support others. My Samsung keyboard works fine, but the updated tablet won't pair with my generic mouse.

07-10-2015 09:26 AM
    Has anyone on this forum ever installed a driver to connect a device to an Android phone or tablet? Maybe I'm just in the dark.

On your headphones or headset or the like it would be called a firmware update. And I have had such updates for many devices including my Kenwood in-dash GPS/Stereo, and Voyageur BT headset to name a couple.
    07-10-2015 09:33 AM
    I say this again... even if Logitech and all these other companies update their drivers, won't these drivers have to be added to 5.0.2 or 5.0.3 or do you think they can send these to us in individual download files like an apk?
    They would have been if the 3rd parties had actually supplied them to Google before Lollipop was released. The developers get early access to OS upgrades, be it iOS, Windows, Linux, Android, etc., but if a third party doesn't provide the driver for their devices then it doesn't get included. Which is exactly why all manufacturers and carriers test OS upgrades before they are released.

From my experience, the 3rd parties don't automatically send out updates, but instead expect the user to realize the problem, go to the 3rd party website, check the support/download page, and then download and install the fix themselves.
    07-10-2015 09:36 AM
    It's hard to imagine a company like Logitech not submitting a driver

07-10-2015 09:39 AM
    5.0.2 bluetooth issues as well. I have Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse and Mobile Keyboard. They connect with no problem, but they do not function (same as others have seen with Logitech devices).

Where do we go to get this problem resolved?
    07-10-2015 10:11 AM
    How did the factory reset go?
    07-10-2015 01:48 PM
    USA Tom and just got the update yesterday. Tonight after I get home from work I'll do a factory reset and see if my Logitech devices work.
    How did the factory reset go? Thanks.
    07-10-2015 01:49 PM
    How did the factory reset go? Thanks.
    Factory reset did NOT work. Resets to 5.0.2. Will be rooting and installing Kit Kat, at this point, until I hear that this has been fixed.
    07-10-2015 02:17 PM
    Same problem here with my Logitech PRO Keyboard case. If this is something that 3rd parties need to fix with firmware updates, how is it that we are supposed to install the firmware? Will Logitech for instance need to write a program and get it up onto google play store just to do a one time firmware upgrade? If so, I'm not betting on this being resolved anytime soon.
    07-10-2015 02:52 PM
    I just finished a lengthy chat with Samsung support. Evidently they didn't check update affect on ANY third party Bluetooth devices. Of course they also said Samsung had nothing at all to do with the Lollipop update and that it was purely Google. I let them know I didn't believe that because they had to modify it to include their TouchWiz and other Samsung specific features. I just remembered that my Nexus 7 tablet has Lollipop - and pure Android at that. I'm going to see if my Logitech keyboard and generic mouse will work with it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    07-10-2015 03:57 PM
    I just successfully connected and used my Logitech keyboard on my Nexus 7 tablet with pure Lollipop. I still couldn't get the generic mouse to connect, but since I got it for $8 with free shipping that won't be as bad if I have to replace it.

07-10-2015 04:11 PM
    I just successfully connected and used my Logitech keyboard on my Nexus 7 tablet with pure Lollipop. I still couldn't get the generic mouse to connect, but since I got it for $8 with free shipping that won't be as bad if I have to replace it.

Which model Logitech keyboard?
    07-10-2015 05:09 PM
    Nexus works with Logitech Pro Y-R0044 made for Galaxy Tab/Note 12.2 tablets, an older Logitech Tablet keyboard made for Android 3.0 (bought for Acer A500 tablet years ago), and a no-name keyboard bought for a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 tablet. All three keyboards will pair with the Note Pro, but only the little 7" keyboard will actually function with the Note Pro.

07-10-2015 05:33 PM
    So it appears that Samsung modified Lollipop so that keyboards from their biggest competitor - Logitech - won't work.

07-10-2015 05:35 PM
    So it appears that Samsung modified Lollipop so that keyboards from their biggest competitor - Logitech - won't work.

Not saying this isn't true but if it was, wouldn't ALL Samsung devices running any flavor of Lollipop have the same issue of BT Logitech products not working with them? Is that the case? I haven't seen any reports of all Samsung devices on Lollipop with the issue. My guess is they flubbed up the update for this tablet, which is the exact reason I NEVER update until a few weeks after an update is available.
    07-10-2015 05:49 PM
    Ok, checked and my Note 4 will work with Logitech keyboard designed for Note Pro, so guess it may be limited to just the Note Pro. What was most surprising is that Samsung said they didn't test any 3rd party devices. Also said as far as they are concerned, if it works with their keyboard they don't consider it a problem if Logitech keyboards don't work. They also said they don't modify Android at all - and we all know that's a lie. Almost all manufacturers do. Would be nice if Nexus would put out a similar tablet.

07-10-2015 06:00 PM
337 1234 ...