12-29-2017 09:09 AM
337 12345 ...
tools
    Yep I've had the 10.1, 10.1 2014 edition, and now the 12.2, not to mention all 4 Note phones and if Sammy leaves us hanging on this I'll be gone. Perception is what matters to the customer and right now the perception is that this is a crap move since I can also use my Logitech devices on my Note phone.

Fix it or lose me, I'll be using my SP3 in the meantime. Besides I'm only 1 customer so who cares!
    07-10-2015 06:33 PM
    Here is a first response from Logitech support regarding the problem with the Pro 12.2 with 5.0.2 and the Logitech Pro folio keyboard.

"Dear Bruce E,

Thank you for contacting Logitech Customer Care.

We already have confirmed that this Logitech PRO for NotePRO 12.2 and TabPRO 12.2 is having an issue with the new version of the android OS which is the lollipop [5.0.2], we are still waiting for the resolution that our escalation team will obtained from the investigations that they are doing as of now. We will notify once we have the resolution of the problem.

To contact us by phone or obtain additional information (FAQ's, Forum, Manuals, etc.) please visit support.logitech.com

Best regards,
    Logitech Customer Care"

Clearly, Logitech recognizes the issue and is working to address it. So it seems that Samsung has not altered the OS to increase keyboard sales.
    07-10-2015 08:41 PM
    Does anyone here have the Logitech K810 Bluetooth keyboard? That is the kb I have and I wonder if it would have the same issue or is it just certain models of Logitech keyboards? I'm not updating my Pro 12.2 to 5.0.2 until I know if the K810 will work or not with it.
    07-10-2015 08:51 PM
    just chiming in here that I contacted samsung who told me to do a hard reset which I'm not doing because i read on other forums that people tried it and it did not fix the issue. I have logitech pro bluetooth keyboard that pairs with my samsung note 12.2 but does not work. And this occured only after the latest update, which apparently you can't undo???? !!!
    07-11-2015 07:22 AM
    just chiming in here that I contacted samsung who told me to do a hard reset which I'm not doing because i read on other forums that people tried it and it did not fix the issue. I have logitech pro bluetooth keyboard that pairs with my samsung note 12.2 but does not work. And this occured only after the latest update, which apparently you can't undo???? !!!
    1. I did the hard reset and it did not help me
    2. Someone has stated that you can root your device and then install KitKat so yes for all of us who have updated to 5.0.2 we can root and go backwards to 4.4.2 and fix the problem

I may end up doing the root thing myself as there are things that I just like on my Note Pro better than on my Surface.
    07-11-2015 07:45 AM
    Does anyone here have the Logitech K810 Bluetooth keyboard? That is the kb I have and I wonder if it would have the same issue or is it just certain models of Logitech keyboards? I'm not updating my Pro 12.2 to 5.0.2 until I know if the K810 will work or not with it.
    It's more of a Samsung vs. Logitech (and other KB manufacturers) issue.
    My Logitech Ultrathin KB cover (designed for iPad2), that now stopped functioning on the NotePro 12.2, pairs AND works without any problem with a One+ One, running CM12 Android 5.0.2
    Logitech tech support could not guarantee it ever will work on the SM-P900, for the keyboard was designed for iOS.
    So, this in mind, I think you made the right decision and wait upgrading until ...

For the time being I connect my Logitech K800 keyboard and a mouse by means of their unified receiver via an OTG cable. Productivity secured (improved even), mobility gone ...
    srvctec likes this.
    07-11-2015 10:21 AM
    I called Samsung case#1116887168 tech told me the logitech pro keyboard is no longer supported nor my bluetooth mouse, however promised me there would be an update to fix it. I suggest if you call samsung reference the case above. None of my bluetooth keyboards or mice work. Work fine on my note 3. Everything worked great before upgrade, mouse keyboards pair just not allowing input. My mouse would pair but no pointer or acknowledgement of buttons. They wanted me to send it in, uhhh no
    07-11-2015 02:31 PM
    You can go back to 4.4.2, but being that other regions are now getting this broken update Samsung should come out with a quick fix. I was told the samsung keyboard and s mouse work fine go figure. But if you want to go back head over to XDA they even have a CWM 5.1.1 firmware install. I am going to try and hold out until the end of the month then it is CWM build for me.
    07-11-2015 02:43 PM
    Just got back from BestBuy, where I spoke with the Samsung rep about this. Samsung blames Google and refused to help with change back to 4.4.2 (citing "Terms of Service") . . . . "Maybe there will be a patch," he said.

FYSA, the Zagg keyboard they had on display had the same issue as my Logitech.
    07-11-2015 03:44 PM
    Here is a first response from Logitech support regarding the problem with the Pro 12.2 with 5.0.2 and the Logitech Pro folio keyboard.

"Dear Bruce E,

Thank you for contacting Logitech Customer Care.

We already have confirmed that this Logitech PRO for NotePRO 12.2 and TabPRO 12.2 is having an issue with the new version of the android OS which is the lollipop [5.0.2], we are still waiting for the resolution that our escalation team will obtained from the investigations that they are doing as of now. We will notify once we have the resolution of the problem.

To contact us by phone or obtain additional information (FAQ's, Forum, Manuals, etc.) please visit support.logitech.com

Best regards,
    Logitech Customer Care"

Clearly, Logitech recognizes the issue and is working to address it. So it seems that Samsung has not altered the OS to increase keyboard sales.
    THANK YOU for this. Here is my update:

I went into the Samsung store within my local Best Buy. The technician was completely unaware of this issue. Here is what he did, with (results):

1. Flashed the update via USB from his laptop (FAIL)
    2. Did a factory reset via USB from his laptop (FAIL)
    3. Paired the keyboard and a generic mouse I have to the Note Pro 12.2 (SUCCESS)
    4. Attempted to use both keyboard and mouse (FAIL)
    5. Paired the keyboard and mouse to his Note 3 (running 5.0) (SUCCESS)
    6. Attempted to use both keyboard and mouse on his Note 3 (SUCCESS)
    7. Called his own tech support--they had no other troubleshooting ideas for him, and had not heard of the issue (FAIL)
    8. Paired and used my keyboard with a display Note Pro 12.2 running Android 4.4.2 (SUCCESS)
    9. Paired a display keyboard the Note Pro 12.2 (SUCCESS)
    10. Attempted to use keyboard (FAIL)

His manager came over at this point and discussed options with him. My keyboard is too old to be returnable to Best Buy, so they told me I'm SOL. I informed them that I had been watching this forum thread, and that a number of Bluetooth devices (keyboards, mice, music pedals, etc.) were failing to work on the 12.2 AFTER the 5.0.2 update. They looked at each other, and he looked sick, stating that he had flash updated several 12.2s that he had sold in the last couple of days. I asked him if he could flash me back to 4.4.2--he couldn't.

I'm waiting to hear what happens with Logitech, in the meantime I'll try to find 4.4.2 online and attempt to flash it via Odin, but I'm not very hopeful. Last ditch effort will be to move on to the Nexus line.
    07-11-2015 09:42 PM
    If this does not get fixed, we should do a class action. I spent $130 on my case just literally 45 days ago and now it is rendered useless. I am PISSED beyond belief. This is not right and now it will be hard for me to work.
    07-13-2015 01:53 AM
    After this update, my logitech keyboard immediately began to stop working. We paid $130 at best buy with the addition of warranty. This update needs to be fixed of its problems pronto!😠😬

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-13-2015 02:48 AM
    I have the same issue with my Samsung S Mouse lol. My Samsung Keyboard still works fine though. I think it's a Bluetooth driver issue. Both devices work fine with my laptop and another tablet.
    07-13-2015 09:20 AM
    I have the same problem with my bluetooth mouse. I did an online chat with Samsung, referenced this URL for them to see that it's just not me that has this issue with 5.0.2 and I asked them to open a problem with their tech support staff. If more of us do this (i.e., contact Samsung, like ntborg, post #57 did) hopefully Samsung will get the idea that this is an unacceptable issue and they need to provide a fix asap.
    07-13-2015 10:49 AM
    07-13-2015 12:11 PM
    Having exactly the same problem with Samsung note pro.
    07-13-2015 12:12 PM
    Having exactly the same problem with Samsung note pro.
    So, to be clear, you have the Logitech K810 keyboard and it doesn't work with 5.0.2 on the Note Pro 12.2?
    07-13-2015 12:29 PM
    Seems to be a Samsung issue, my note pro 12.2 I updated to 5.02 and my Moga Game controller stopped working in B mode it connects then does nothing, sound familiar! I also have a note 4 phone using 5.01 and the controller works just fine with that still!
    07-13-2015 01:06 PM
    I spoke to Logitech today July 13th and the person I spoke to stated that Logitech didn't know about the update but they working on it.. They should have a definitive answer by next week or a 100% resolution in the next 2 weeks.. Either by replacing all the keyboards or software updates. So here's to that... this is really inconveniencing my life.. if anyone hears anything new or finds a solution before then.. please let us know.. Thanks
    07-13-2015 03:49 PM
    Either by replacing all the keyboards or software updates.
    Wouldn't the software update have to come via the OS? Or would I need to download a Logitech applet that would flash something in the keyboard when hooked up to the PC via USB? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

In other news, I have tried and tried to flash back to a 4.4.2 ROM, and even looked at Cyanogen Mod... I have been terribly unsuccessful. If anybody has a link to a tutorial for novices like me, I'd be much obliged. Thanks!
    07-13-2015 03:55 PM
    Except I'm not sure how it's Logitech's problem, if so many other BT devices are experiencing the same issue? I'm thinking it's Samsung's mods...
    07-13-2015 03:57 PM
    This is what I just heard from someone: "Recently, Due to licensing issues, google coded their own bluetooth. Their version has compatibility issues with older versions used by others."
    07-13-2015 06:41 PM
    This is what I just heard from someone: "Recently, Due to licensing issues, google coded their own bluetooth. Their version has compatibility issues with older versions used by others."
    "someone"? Who is this "someone"? Credible source? Please name them so we may discern their credibility. Anybody can say anything on the internet, but it doesn't make it true.
    genkibrady likes this.
    07-13-2015 06:47 PM
    The mouse and keyboard I've been using with my Note 12.2 stopped working with the 5.0.2 update. However, they work with Lollipop on the Nexus and Note 3. Based on my troubleshooting, I'm concluding that Samsung's mods for 5.0.2 for the Note 12.2 are the culprit. Not Google, not Logitech, not Obama...
    07-13-2015 06:53 PM
    Guess what! I just received this e-mail from Samsung:

“We appreciate you contacting Samsung Electronics and being a valued customer.

This is in regards to your recent interaction with one of the Live chat associate with the Chat ID LTK1125604344965X regarding an issue with bluetooth mouse after upgrading to Android Lollipop.

We have forwarded the issue to the appropriate department and we'll revert back at the earliest. We regret for the inconvenience you've been experiencing.

Samsung values you as a customer and want to insure that we have provided you with the answer you were looking for. If for any reason the information we provided did not resolve your issue, we have various contact channels that are available to assist in resolving your concern.

Thank you for being a Samsung Customer!
    Samsung Online Support.”

So given this e-mail and if I'm reading it correctly, looks like online chatting with Samsung got something moving there at Samsung and Samsung will fix this Bluetooth Lollipop 5.0.2 issue. And hopefully ntborg (post #57) received a similar e-mail from Samsung recently too. Never-the-less, the more people that call or online chat with Samsung and log their Bluetooth Lollipop 5.0.2 issues, the better chance we will have to see a fix coming from Samsung sooner rather than later.
    07-13-2015 07:36 PM
337 12345 ...