Bluetooth Issues after 5.0.2

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Seems strange that it would be a problem with a device like a Logitech keyboard or a mouse that could be corrected with a software update related to the device as nothing had to be installed when they were originally paired and used successfully. It really seems there was a either a change in Lollipop that affects Bluetooth devices or that Samsung didn't properly prepare the update to push to our tablets.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Mickeylittle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree. There is no way that all these companies are at fault all of a sudden on just this 1 device! The real question is suppose that Logitech develops an update to fix this bug, how in the heck are we gonna get it unless Samsung sends out 5.0.3?

Mickeylittle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My Zagg keyboard that snaps over the screen is working. I had to re run the pairing operation but now works fine.

Well I picked up the Zagg Cover-Fit and so far it is a no-go as well. I guess that is what you are saying is working for you. It sure isn't working for me. So now I'm waiting for the Samsung keyboard cover I ordered off of ebay.

David de Beer

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
lucky you, we need Danish layout and that is not available in neither Samsung nor Logitech keyboard cover. I work for that reason with the (too small) Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard cover, originally designed for iPad2. But someone, somewhere, f***ed up the drivers, and we're the victims. Either by need of reinvestment, or disinvestment when it''s only one or two items recovered. It's Millenium Edition and Vista all over again.

Last edited:

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Beh. I contacted AirTurn last night, they said it's a bug issue with Android and directed me to this forum LOL

It isn't a bug in Android but a change in how Android deals with outside connections from what I have seen. The solution is a BT driver update by the 3rd party device manufacturers. This is similar to Windows driver updates in order for 3rd party devices to connect with Windows.
If I am totally incorrect I know there are much more informed folks here that can set me straight, and no doubt will :mad:

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I've not ever heard before of having to download drivers for Android like for Windows.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I've not ever heard before of having to download drivers for Android like for Windows.

It wouldn't be drivers for Android, but for the BT devices, if I'm understanding correctly. But maybe that's not right either.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone on this forum ever installed a driver to connect a device to an Android phone or tablet? Maybe I'm just in the dark.

kenstern

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my AirTurn pedals - as you say very aggrivating ... I NEED those pedals. Hope a solution is forthcoming soon - I have a gig next Thursday.

kenstern

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Just checked the AirTurn support page which says "Android Users: Please Do NOT ugrade to Android OS 5.0.2 until further notice." Which would have been nice to know BEFORE I upgraded. Sigh.

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I love my keyboard and mouse.. I see no need for the update.. Not to much of a difference to me.

From My Cool Galaxy Note pro 12.2

Mickeylittle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I say this again... even if Logitech and all these other companies update their drivers, won't these drivers have to be added to 5.0.2 or 5.0.3 or do you think they can send these to us in individual download files like an apk?

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Maybe samsung wants us to use only their devices and engineered the update to not support others. My Samsung keyboard works fine, but the updated tablet won't pair with my generic mouse.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone on this forum ever installed a driver to connect a device to an Android phone or tablet? Maybe I'm just in the dark.

On your headphones or headset or the like it would be called a firmware update. And I have had such updates for many devices including my Kenwood in-dash GPS/Stereo, and Voyageur BT headset to name a couple.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I say this again... even if Logitech and all these other companies update their drivers, won't these drivers have to be added to 5.0.2 or 5.0.3 or do you think they can send these to us in individual download files like an apk?

They would have been if the 3rd parties had actually supplied them to Google before Lollipop was released. The developers get early access to OS upgrades, be it iOS, Windows, Linux, Android, etc., but if a third party doesn't provide the driver for their devices then it doesn't get included. Which is exactly why all manufacturers and carriers test OS upgrades before they are released.

From my experience, the 3rd parties don't automatically send out updates, but instead expect the user to realize the problem, go to the 3rd party website, check the support/download page, and then download and install the fix themselves.

cltbwc

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
5.0.2 bluetooth issues as well. I have Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse and Mobile Keyboard. They connect with no problem, but they do not function (same as others have seen with Logitech devices).

Where do we go to get this problem resolved?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze