Bluetooth Issues after 5.0.2

Mickeylittle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I just installed the Korean version and I am now typing away on my Logitech Pro keyboard and using my slim Logitech wireless mouse! Gosh I've missed these 2 guys! The other option wasn't too bad but this is much better and I'm still on 5.0.2 and not rooted.

ChefyTim

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Yep, it was simple and didn't trip knox or require rooting (warranty still intact). I too am typing away with my Logitech keyboard and my Microsoft mouse. Once they come out with a US update I'm assuming I can just use Kies to update to that version.

mel897

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Any significant changes compared to the US version? I notice the Korean image is significantly smaller than the Canadian version. less bloatware? That would be a plus ;-)
-------------
Update: bit the bullet and flashed the Korean version. As far as I can see there is no obvious difference from the Canadian version other than my Logitech KB case and mouse work again. It took me about ten minutes excluding the download.
--------------
Update 2: There are some issues. After flashing with the Korean version, S Planner (the Calendar app) is broken and I get a calendar sync error message. A factory reset fixes it but then you have to reorganize the tablet. If you do this, use Smart Switch to take a backup and then you can save a lot of time with a restore. And the tablet will default to Korean during install so reset the language on the first screen. In retrospect, if the fix is due next week, I should have waited.

Last edited:

36string

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
fyi AirTurn pedal owners, here's the latest update from AlrTurn: " Samsung emailed us yesterday saying that the update was delayed. They expect it to be released on next Wednesday (August 12th). Hopefully they do not delay this again. We'll update our website as soon as it is released"

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Yep, it was simple and didn't trip knox or require rooting (warranty still intact). I too am typing away with my Logitech keyboard and my Microsoft mouse. Once they come out with a US update I'm assuming I can just use Kies to update to that version.
I flashed another one today, all apps are still in there and I don't have to reinstall everything.
This was the US version, OF4
US.jpg

And this one is Korean version, OG6, if anyone still worry about Warranty.
It takes only 4 minutes to solve the headache of Bluetooth issue and no settings or applications lost.

Korean.jpg

You can flash back the US version when they'll release the build that fix Bluetooth issue.

Here, I come back from Korean build 5.02 OG6 to 4.4.2 US build NK1 without any problem:
c47p1u2il82cebt6g.jpg

US version 2.jpg

Last edited:

Eliteoomph

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I get stuck on this step

Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)

After I do this it opens the Android system recovery page... with options like
reboot system now
apply update from ADB
apply update from external storage
apply update from cache
wipe data/factory reset

and a few others...

from here i am not sure what to do..

I tried to plugin to the laptop after but nothing happens.

Thanks

Last edited:

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
The file download is zipped because it's big. After extracted, the firmware will be P900KXUBOG6_P900KOOBOG6_HOME.tar.md5

You need to download Odin to flash the firmware if you don't have it.
In order to flash , you need to put your tablet in Download Mode: Power + Volume Down, then at the Warning Screen, press Volume Up to proceed to Download Mode.
Open Odin, then connect your tablet to PC, the com port should be blue indicates your tablet is detected.
Then click AP/PDA and point it to your firmware file, wait until it completely loaded , then click Start.
Process should be done within 4 minutes.
VOLUME DOWN is button next to POWER button, no need to combine with HOME button.

I can change from Lollipop 5.02 US to Korean version, then to Kitkat 4.4.2 US version with ease. It's not rocket science to use Odin as long as you have the right ROM.

Last edited:

Eliteoomph

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Sorry Beut.. I didn't see your reply until after I completely edited mine... You can see my current issue above.

Thanks

UPDATE: goodness i was going off these images on this tutorial where they are showing the wrong volumn button. It is the volumn botton closest to the power button...

anyway that works... going to proceed thanks!

FInal Update - IT WORKED!

Last edited:

Mickeylittle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The file download is zipped because it's big. After extracted, the firmware will be P900KXUBOG6_P900KOOBOG6_HOME.tar.md5

You need to download Odin to flash the firmware if you don't have it.
In order to flash , you need to put your tablet in Download Mode: Power + Volume Down, then at the Warning Screen, press Volume Up to proceed to Download Mode.
Open Odin, then connect your tablet to PC, the com port should be blue indicates your tablet is detected.
Then click AP/PDA and point it to your firmware file, wait until it completely loaded , then click Start.
Process should be done within 4 minutes.

May be you should search videos on youtube how to do it if visualization is easier for you.

I should have mentioned this myself as "press volume up" step it missing in the instruction page in the link below and makes it confusing for people not accustomed to using Odin.
Download firmware: P900KXUBOG6_P900KOOBOG6_KOO - SamMobile

David de Beer

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
I assume some more people by now have installed the Korean update. Is there any among you, who can tell what languages come preinstalled with it?
In the F02 version (Dutch/German/Danish etc) there suddenly appeared Azərbaycan, Polish and Italian as predownloaded (and thus those UI available), Korean and US-English as always. But you may be able to see, what else is available.
Tired a bit of waiting, but careful not to make my system fully unusable for my tasks.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I can't get the download. The site made me download an app, and now it is making me register--with anti-spam picture that I cannot do.
You don't have to install any download program and should not, just click Regular Download
In order to download, you have to register at SamMobile, it takes only 2 minutes to active your account.

Regular Download.JPG

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I assume some more people by now have installed the Korean update. Is there any among you, who can tell what languages come preinstalled with it?
In the F02 version (Dutch/German/Danish etc) there suddenly appeared Azərbaycan, Polish and Italian as predownloaded (and thus those UI available), Korean and US-English as always. But you may be able to see, what else is available.
Tired a bit of waiting, but careful not to make my system fully unusable for my tasks.

This is all languages in Korean version

s036nw8wmpoyy8t6g.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781