How to connect Flash Drive with OTG Cable

Nadia Marz

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I'm trying to connect my NP(sm-p905) with the OTG cable but I can't, can someone help me out? I checked it with USB OTG CHECKER, says device has OTG USB API but does not have USB OTG KERNEL. How to get around this? Do i need to root my device (as it is unrooted)?

Traylaw

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
The SM-P905 and P900 does support OTG. I use it for USB memory, ethernet adapters, keyboards, ect. I would suspect the cable. Or if you are trying to use large external drive instead of a little "jump" drive the tablet may not be able to supply the power necessary to run the drive. I have come across some jump drives that the tablet won't work with.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Also the hard drive must be formatted as Fat32 or Ex Fat. If the hard drive is formatted as NTFS the Note won't read it.

Although I am concerned about your report re the USB OTG KERNEL, but someone with deeper savvy than myself of android system will need to comment on that, as I am not sure whether that is just a reflection of your hard drive not having a compatible format, or whether your tablet's firmware has something missing. You might need to indicate whether your tablet is still on Kitkat 4.4.2 or Lollipop 5.01 or whatever.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance