LectureNotes problem on Verizion Android 5.1.1

fastcarve

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone using LectureNotes after upgrading a Verizion tablet to 5.1.1?

I did the upgrade and then noticed LectureNotes is no longer installed. When I go to the Google Play store and try to install it, Google Play crashes. I've rebooted and that didn't help.

Any ideas? I've come to depend on this app. I can't get to any of my notes, etc.

Thanks.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh man that sucks. I'd try clearing cache in recovery to see if that helps. After that I'd try emailing the developer who's usually responsive. Perhaps an update is in order such that the newer OS version/device combo shows up as supported on Play Store.

Short of that a full factory reset? . . you lose everything that's not on SD though (i.e. apps and some app data).

fastcarve

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok, just a brief update: Clearing the cache didn't solve anything. I've exchanged emails with the developer. He suggested I check the trial version. The trial version installs fine (so I can get to what I need within the 2-notebook trial limit), but still no ideas on how to get the full app working. I'm hoping the developer will have some other ideas.

I REALLY don't want to do a factory reset.

If anyone out there has done the Verizion upgrade to Android 5.1.1 and is using LectureNotes, please let me know if it is working for you.

Thanks.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Is your name Gerhard? Because someone has the same problem under reviews in the app store. Unless that is you of course.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ussastro

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I had updated to lollipop a few days ago and discovered yesterday that lecture notes was gone. Downloaded it and it works fine but I did lose all my notebooks. Have to figure out how to store them on my SD card, any help would me appreciated

Posted via Android Central App

acadoid

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
There is no reason why LectureNotes should get uninstalled in the course of an Android system update. The fact that the Google Play app crashes (@ussastro: Does that happen for you as well?) suggests that something went wrong during the Android update, leaving the device in some kind of `weird´ state (with LectureNotes gone being only a visible side-effect).

I agree with muzzy996 that a factory reset might be worth considering.

I understand that I sound like a `know-it-all´ after the damage is done, but please perform regular backups of your notes! Or what will be your recovery strategy if the device breaks down, gets lost, or gets stolen? Even if you do not perform regular backups, perform a backup of important data before installing an Android update.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Had to do a factory reset after upgrade and everything is working fine now. Had lots of issues before factory reset though and one was issued with lecturenotes.

Posted via the Android Central App

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I hate that I had to do a factory reset to get all my apps running normal again after the upgrade but sometimes you have to.