Note pro not rooted... wont load pass splash screen

mcdobson

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Hello guys, i am hoping that you can help me because i don't know where else to turn. I purchased a Verizon note pro 12.2. I was using it and on for about two weeks until i got my surface 3. Two days ago i went to use it and it wouldnt turn on. I assumed it was the battery so i put it on the original charger for about an hour and attempted to turn it on. It booted to the Verizon logo then flickered off. I put it back on the charger overnight thinking that would fix the problem. When i attempted to turn it back on it loaded to the Samsung splash screen and then turned off again. When i plugged in the charger once again the grey battery icon came up saying the battery was 100%. Even with the battery saying it was 100% it still wont turn past the splash screen. This only happens when it connect to the charger. it doesn't do anything at all if it is not plugged in. I have taken the battery out and reconnected it... still nothing. Looking at other post i assumed it was a software issue so i tried to sideload a stock version (Cant use odin because the tablet cant even boot into odin mode) of P905VVRUANK1 which is what the tablet was running. I got the error footer is wrong security authentication failure. I dont know what to do. Please help!!

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
You have a cracked battery connector, re solder will fix your problem
This is the one needed to re solder, it takes only under 5 minutes.

Tue Jul 28 14-20-40.jpg

And this one already re soldered with more solders added to secure all six pins

Mon Aug 03 08-09-20.jpg

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
This only happens when it connect to the charger. it doesn't do anything at all if it is not plugged in.

This is not software problem based on what you said : "It doesn't do anything except plugged in".
Believe me or not, it's up to you. I see many problems like this from a loose or cracked battery connector. Swap another battery won't help anything if the connector is cracked.

mcdobson

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Thank you so much for your help... took the time to re-look at the connector thoroughly and you are right. I pushed the connector firmly with the back still off and it finally booted with and without being connected to the charger. I don't know how to solder well. is there any way i can push it back in place with electrical tape or maybe gorilla glue.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
No tape will allow for wiggling and possibly arc. Gorilla glue will not work either. It has to be solid metal to metal with solder.

Posted via the Android Central App

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much for your help... took the time to re-look at the connector thoroughly and you are right. I pushed the connector firmly with the back still off and it finally booted with and without being connected to the charger. I don't know how to solder well. is there any way i can push it back in place with electrical tape or maybe gorilla glue.
Don't use glue as it doesn't work with solder joints. Bring it to a repair shop, they can help you with little charge as they're told what to do and it takes only under 5 minutes.
You just need to open the back cover, disconnect battery and they can re solder from the top without remove the main board.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek