Just in the past week since the OTA update to 5.1 on note pro 12.2 alot of my apps have been crashing regularly.

Examples being my sketch pad , throne rush game , beach boom game...etc.

Any others experiencing the same issues?

What might be a solution ?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    10-06-2015 11:33 AM
    Make sure that those apps are compatible with the new Android version. On top of that, it's strongly suggested that after an OS update you do a factory reset of your device (which means backing things up and re-installing apps once it's been wiped). This usually clears up a lot of issues.
    AceHandler likes this.
    10-06-2015 11:46 AM
    Huge 2nd on the factory reset. Sometimes previously installed applications designed for an older OS simply won't play nice on newer OS's, or they won't migrate properly to the new one after an OS upgrade. This can result in instability or unexplained battery consumption issues. Starting fresh when faced with issues after an OS upgrade is the safest bet.
    SpookDroid and AceHandler like this.
    10-06-2015 12:40 PM
    Thanks guys , I willl give the Factory Reset a go and hopefully things will clean up!

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk
    SpookDroid likes this.
    10-07-2015 12:33 AM
    Let us know if it helps!
    10-07-2015 03:09 PM
    Just wanting clarification on the "Factory Reset" process.

Have just done an OTA upgrade from 4.4.2 to 5.01, and most things seem to be working fine. Just want to be sure that if one's Note Pro came with 4.4.2, that a Factory Reset will not remove the 5.01 upgrade.

I will of course do a backup before doing the F.R.
    10-07-2015 07:21 PM
    Once the OS has been updated, doing a factory reset will wipe out the device but keep the OS update. Only way to bring it back to the original OS version is to do a downgrade (which involves rooting).
    Laura Knotek and madaudio like this.
    10-08-2015 12:58 PM
    And with the upgrade a factory reset seems to be highly effective, but will not fix the keyboard pairing issue.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-10-2015 06:37 PM
    Hi, i just recently updated myself to 5.1.1 as well and it's doing the exact same thing. What did you do to remedy this problem?

Mike
    01-04-2016 06:49 PM
    Once the OS has been updated, doing a factory reset will wipe out the device but keep the OS update. Only way to bring it back to the original OS version is to do a downgrade (which involves rooting).
    Actually no rooting is involved if you want to go back to Kitkat 4.4.2 . User only need to use Odin, put the tablet in download mode, but Bootloader for Kitkat is needed with the AP file, otherwise the tablet will hang at Samsung Logo as Bootloader of Lollipop is not the same as Kitkat.

I can go back and forth old and new OS with ease as long as right bootloader is used. Upgrade to Lollipop no need to use bootloader as it will be updated too in the process. But downgrade to Kitkat, right bootloader is needed.
    Before Samsung released the update to fix bluetooth issue, I could go back and forth Kitkat and Lollipop without any problem.
    It's the same like Windows, once updated to newer OS like Vista or Widows 7, if an user reload older OS like Windows XP, it won't be able to boot unless it's fresh installed.
    AceHandler likes this.
    01-04-2016 09:36 PM