Question about Buying a New Note Pro

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
^ Not all Note Pro 12.2 variants are stuck at 4.4.2. Some WiFi only variants are at 5.0.2. Other variants that have LTE like my P907 AT&T one are running 5.1.1. It runs bug free and is very stable.

BarryH_GEG

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine in August. There's nothing on the market that can touch the Note-series for productivity. On 5.X the Note 12 is still fresh and all Samsung's apps and features are current or very close. The SoC is a little dated but for productivity and light graphics it's fine.

The Note 12 is almost identical to the iPad Pro in dimensions and weight and that device is brand new. With the Samsung BT keyboard that doubles as a case and the Samsung S Action mouse I use it as a laptop. If mine died tomorrow I'd buy it again. I don't do Apple and prefer S Note to what's available on the Surface. The Pixel C is a productivity train wreck and Tegra is as flaky on it as it is/was on the Nexus 9. And that's pretty much the competition.

Helpful hint. Get the SM-P905 with the Snapdragon SoC. It's faster and fully charges in 1/3 less time than the Exynos Wi-Fi version and gets to 50% twice as fast.

Mind-Objects

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I agree. I know that there are some better android tablets out there in terms of performance but I really need one with the s-pen ability. This one was recommended to me but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet and see what type of pen it actually means. Has anyone had any experience with this tablet?
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7" 16GB White SM-T550NZWAXAR - Best Buy
I recently tested this Tablet (the S-Pen version). Be careful to get the right device with the model numer starting: SM-P550N
(more Infos on the numbers here: Supported Devices for the Beta Version of Mind-Objects | Mind-Objects )
What I do like about this tablet in comparision to the older Note Tablets:
- if you use it horizontally the buttons are at the side - and thus you are not accidentially hitting them with your palm while writing with the S-Pen
- the form factor is really handy - like a real physical notebook
What I don't like: the screen solution is definetly very low. I does not prevent one from working with it, but if you are used to the NotePro it is a hard shift.

AceHandler

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Mind-Objects - I like the looks of that HUAWEI MediaPad M2 10.0. It has the fingerprint recognition hardware too, like my Galaxy Note IV (very handy for a secure and fast locking/unlocking of the screen). Wish my Note PRO had that :-(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463