2 years with the note pro 12.2

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
After 2 years of using this device I can say it has been a very good experience. I have not had any of the issues that others have reported other than a wonky update from verizon that required me to do a full factory reset. It has been tossed about and dropped more than a few times. It's edges show wear and back cover has a scratch or two. The screen is still amazingly free of defects or wear and the speakers still work. I installed a zagg keyboard cover since day 1. It still functions as well but the battery doesn't hold up like it used to. I have over a thousand sketches on my snote app. I tried lots of different apps for use with the same pen but the stock program remains to work best for me. So if I had to replace my note today I'd stay with the same model again.

Posted via Android Central App

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Agree, love mine and use it daily for news reading, forum trolling, media consumption, web browsing and note taking. I hope to not have to replace it until a better model comes out though. It really saddens me that Samsung hasn't kept the note line of tablets refreshed. Sure, they've introduced other models with s-pen but not with flagship type specifications like the pro had at the time of announcement.

At 2 years of age this thing could stand to be snappier and the screen sharper but other than that I'm satisfied with it.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Same here. Agree with PortablePete and Muzzy. I'm afraid that if Samsung doesn't keep up with this tablet style, then the MS Surface will replace it when this one dies.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the hard part for me is either with the surface or the iPad pro I fear that my media consumption use is going to suffer immensely. I recognize that this just applies to me though. A couple of examples; the Tivo app works way more reliability and faster on my Note Pro vs my wife's iPad Air 2, and I like how easily I can manage torrented TV episodes on my note pro via a file explorer program.

On the flip side I don't mind trading up to something that may make note taking better. Workflow would obviously have to change though. I have my eye on an iPad pro with pencil; just not sure if there are enough benefits to justify the tremendous cost vs staying put.

One thing that I know I'll never get on surface or iPad is something like GMD Gesture Control which is just the bees knees to me. A must have root app and probably the number one root app that I constantly use.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I bought this on a whim- after trying a samsung (note 5) for the first time. I thought- if the note is so good, why don't I try the Pro? Although it wasn't the newest tablet, I got it and sold everything apple about a week later. I'm a little concerned that sooner or later my future note 6, 7 8 won't be able to sync with the Pro, it doesn't seem like there is a newer version in the works.

lmb02

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm also quite pleased with my Note Pro, but wish they would at least update some of the Samsung apps to match the Note 5 (which is picking up some of the load from my Note Pro).

The bluetooth keyboard was a bother even before samsung screwed up keyboard support. I got spoiled by my previous tablet, the ASUS 201T, which had a detachable keyboard (and it had a second battery that charged the tablet battery) For that reason, when the day comes where my Note Pro fails (long from now I hope), I'm hoping Samsung realises that giving the market to Apple and Microsoft, when they owned it, was not a good idea and comes back. Otherwise, see if Microsoft brings the price of the Surface Book down to a reasonable price (as they picked up on what had made the 201T so attractive).

I'm not retiring my Note Pro 12.2 until it becomes a brick.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Muzzy996 you're dating yourself saying "the bees knees". Definitely made me smile.
I also love my tablet and coming up on two years ownership. It is my workhorse for both personal and business. The only issue I'm having, and it just started over the last week or so, is noticeable lag when opening apps that used to just pop open. They are now taking two or three minutes to open. Not all apps and never the same ones. Android Central is a major problem as far as opening. Well not a problem, it just takes several minutes to open. I haven't changed any apps and such for many months. Never have done a factory reset and don't really want to. What are other options to clear out the junk that may be slowing down my tablet?
Well, I have to get to the dry cleaners and pick up my Zoot Suit for the sock hop😂😂😂

AceHandler

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Pinkvikchick - Way to break the Crapple habit! My wife uses an iPad2 and is forever having problems, lots of popup spam in her Safari program lately.

Paul Bourque

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
I have had my pro for over a year and love it. My wife has an IPAD and I can honestly say I much prefer my android OS with my 12 inch screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Muzzy996 you're dating yourself saying "the bees knees". Definitely made me smile.
I also love my tablet and coming up on two years ownership. It is my workhorse for both personal and business. The only issue I'm having, and it just started over the last week or so, is noticeable lag when opening apps that used to just pop open. They are now taking two or three minutes to open. Not all apps and never the same ones. Android Central is a major problem as far as opening. Well not a problem, it just takes several minutes to open. I haven't changed any apps and such for many months. Never have done a factory reset and don't really want to. What are other options to clear out the junk that may be slowing down my tablet?
Well, I have to get to the dry cleaners and pick up my Zoot Suit for the sock hop😂😂😂

Do a full factory reset!!! What's the big deal..i do it at least once month. And my tablet is buttery smooth
f616677273fcf324609aad4a5a3c2db5.jpg