Why won't my Note Pro 12's screen turn on?

A

AC Question

My Note PRO 12's screen wont turn on

My Samsung Galaxy Note PRO 12.1 screen wont turn on, if I run my finger across the screen it sound like it is unblocking but the screen stays off, My mother was watching a Netflix show on it and one of my kids ran by and knocked it to the ground, after that this problem began. Can somebody help me or do I have to take to an authorized service place?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: My Note PRO 12's screen wont turn on

I think it's probably the latter option.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! I agree with belodion--it sounds like the screen failed.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site

Probably the LCD locking tab just got loose, an easy fix . Taking the back cover off and push it down, then secure with a tape to prevent it happening again
In this picture the LCD cable is on the right, the black locking tab just pop up , your LCD cable get loose, this is common seen in this model
No need to take a round trip of at least 10 to 14 days for an easy fix. The worst case if your LCD is broken, don't waste your time to send it in as the warranty is not covered and the cost is the same as buying an used one, at least $300 for the LCD assembly. If no damage is visible, I guarantee 99% is loose LCD cable.

LCD Cable (2).jpg
Take a look at this video how to take off the cover, turn off the sound in first minute as there is too much noise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdctusUVv_E

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781