Changing delete key repeat speed?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You might be able to find a custom keyboard app that lets you set the key repeat rate; I am not aware of any however.

On most keyboards, tapping the delete key repeatedly deletes individual characters whereas holding the delete key deletes entire words.

Beemer2

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I know how it works but words are deleted so rapidly that it unwantedly deletes multiple lines and even paragraphs at the blink of an eye if held too long.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Are you talking about the Samsung keyboard, Swiftkey or a physical keyboard? I use Swiftkey and there is an option to adjust "long press duration" I don't see any such settings for the Samsung keyboard or my physical keyboard (Jorno folding keyboard) just Swiftkey

Posted via Android Central App

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
It works great on the tablet. I use Swiftkey Beta. Open the Swiftkey app. Click on "Typing", then "Keys". At the bottom of that page you should see "Long press duration". Of course the longer duration time the slower the key responds. Hope this helps

The Fatyank

gmoproA

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
It is a samsung keyboard thing. I have same issue with my S10. I was used to my htc one m8 backspace,but on this Samsung, if you hold it a while, it goes into a hyperspeed and wipes an entire paragraph out. Samsung, fix this please...too sensitive. Dont you guys test this? Come on, man.

gmoproA

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
He is talking about the Samsung Keyboard. i have a S10 and i have found the same experience. the backspace deletes too much too fast. It goes into hyperspeed quickly. Has wiped out too much several times. the settings are off.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01