Remote PC and External SD Card

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Using the Remote PC stock app doesn't allow PC to access the Tablet External SD Card. ES File Explorer app has the same problem.

Anyone know how to access the tablets external SD Card from a PC without using a cable? The cable method does work but I would like to use my LAN.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Downloaded Airdroid onto tablet and pc desktop. Not to intuitive for file transfers. Unsuccessful so far. I will work with it some more later.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Try this:

1. With both PC and Android device on the same network (device can be on wifi but both need to be using the same router) open up Airdroid.
2. Look for the "Open web address" prompt on the top of the screen in Airdroid, there should be an "Or http://_____" that gives you an IP address for the device.
3. On your PC open up a web browser and enter in that URL into your browser's address bar.
4. On the android device accept the connection request.

A web page comes up after this giving you access to various things on the device. One icon on the left called Files gives you access to folders on the internal memory and the microSD card.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
That helped but I get "Failed to grant permission" when trying to transfer a file from PC to the tablet External SD card. I also got a quick message that said "Your device is not rooted". That message popped up quickly then went away.

I might add that transferring files from PC to Internal Tablet storage works just fine and fast with this program.

Last edited:

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Bummer, might be running into access restrictions baked into the os. Not sure how to address as I'm not experienced with unrooted devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad