Favorite portable scanner for note pro?

Grimgrak

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
What do you guys like? Is a cheapo brother one good enough or do i want to spend the extra on something like the doxie?

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Just use one of the many scanners on Play Store. You scan by taking a image using the camera in the tablet. Then the app makes a PDF or JPG (document or photo) which you can send to someone or print or save.
I use two: the HP scan app which is free and TinyScanner Pro which is not free.
If you have a wifi printer then your printer manufacturer probably has a app for scanning.

TJA3500 beat me.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I didn't see that OCR request in your original post. You probably need a windows machine to do really good OCR. And why do you need OCR? You asked about a scanner and this tablet does a perfect job of scanning and making a exact copy as a PDF File with the proper APP.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I want to add that I also have a portable scanner. It is a IrisScan. A device that you hold in your hand and move across a document to scan. Not good. A slightest movement of the page being scanned causes a blip in the scan. You have to tape single sheets down on a flat surface. What a drag. Not recommended.

Walter Turns

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
If you scan it as a PDF, you can at least write on it, highlight ect with any of the free PDF editors, Adobe and the one I prefer Xodo

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech