I have been traveling with my note 12.2. On my Samsung S5 phone with 5.1.1 I can set it to change time zones automatically which is real handy, driving cross country. Can not find Tha option in the Note 12.2 settings. Can it not be done or am I just not looking in the right place.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-04-2016 04:14 AM
    Time zone changes are usually based on the time and location reported by the currently connected cell tower(s). So, the first question would be, does your Note 12.2 have cellular connectivity?

Hint: does your 12.2 have an option to automatically set the time (not zone, just time)?
    06-04-2016 07:18 AM
    I have a WiFi only Tab Pro. If you go to Settings >General >Date & Time. Select "Automatic date and time". This should change your time when you change time zones. Also go to calendar (using built in calendar), settings, time zone. Make sure "Lock Time Zone" is not checked. If using Google Calendar, go to Settings, general, select second option "use device time zone"
    Your calendar should change when you change zones.

The Fatyank
    06-04-2016 07:54 AM
    I have a WiFi only Tab Pro. If you go to Settings >General >Date & Time. Select "Automatic date and time". This should change your time when you change time zones. Also go to calendar (using built in calendar), settings, time zone. Make sure "Lock Time Zone" is not checked. If using Google Calendar, go to Settings, general, select second option "use device time zone"
    Your calendar should change when you change zones.

The Fatyank
    How does it know when you have changed time zones? Just curious...
    06-04-2016 07:56 AM
    I have WiFi only model. I have gone into settings for the tablet and calendar to make changes they were already set. The time is still New York and I am in Texas. One thing is the weather widget shows me in Texas with the correct time. Since I usually leave the tablet on I tried rebooting, nothing changed.

06-04-2016 08:09 AM
    I assumed it knows where I am at by location being on and GPS?

06-04-2016 08:10 AM
    Everything I have read says that Samsung devices *all* set date and time/zone from the cellular network and thus devices that do not have cellular radios are not capable of automatically setting date/time/zone.

Yes, your weather app is using GPS - they all do, so they can give you local weather.
    06-04-2016 08:14 AM
    I honestly don't know how it knows. I have a Note 4 phone and I use Verizon Message+ for texting. I have it also installed on my Note Pro tablet. There is a an option on my Message+ app on the tablet that allows me to send/receive phone calls thru that app seperate from the Note 4. I can pull up a screen with a dial pad and use the tablets speakers and mic. Somehow it connects to allow calls which tells me there must be some form of hardware installed to allow this and that may be how it knows which time zone I'm in.

The Fatyank
    06-04-2016 01:50 PM