Of late there has been a constant issue with new USB cable use by us where the micro side became very loose after just ~10 days. The original cable that came with the Note Pro still has a tight connection. But we needed much longer cables (6 & 10 feet) so I ordered a number of no-name braided cables. One by one these cables with loosened on the micro side to the point they barely made contact or didn't at all. Again, this all happened after only a few days.

Not only have the Samsung cables have continued to connect, but an old Motorola cable still makes great contact with this cable being at least 3yrs longer use.

Has anyone had the same experience with the Samsung cables (and I am NOT one of their employees)?

I've learned my lesson with cheap cables ..... other than Samsung/Motorola are there any after market cables that last?

Dennis
    06-20-2016 10:51 AM
    My stock USB 3 cable is looser than before but works fine since it's wider than a 2.0 one. Over time they all loosen a bit, some more than others but I just write them off as consumables and move on. Never had a cable go bad in a matter of days though, usually I'm able to keep them for months. The problem I have with the stock cables is eventually the protective sheathing starts to crack and pull away from the end.
    06-20-2016 11:21 AM
    I've used Belkin cables for years and they always work fine. I've got USB 6ft extensions, charging cables and other assorted odds and ends cables. Yes you pay a little more but my devices are worth it. I don't want to save a couple dollars and buy a crap cable that doesn't last or worse, screws up my device.

The Fatyank
    06-20-2016 05:41 PM
    Thanks much. I have some direction in which I can head
    06-25-2016 10:14 AM