Note Pro 12.2, is it worth it for me?

Solitary Wolf

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Recently I've been looking into this glorious device. As a note user, the s-pen is a brilliant thing, but I rarely find myself using it on my note 4, which could be me trying to conserve battery life and such with it as my main smart phone.
Anyway, I saw the capabilities of the note pro 12.2, and I'm curious to see if it was worth it to get a used/refurbished one from ebay or amazon. I was thinking of using it as a portable art tablet (I find myself using a 3ds for art more than my non-screen huon tablet), for note taking (such as writing over .pdf documents), and overall a nice portable device to perhaps replace my Lenovo 100s chromebook.
I want some insight from current note pro users, if this one is worth it for me, or would a smaller model work as well, or something? I really am interested in the idea of a tablet with the spen.

Posted via the Android Central App

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine March 2015, by then it was almost one year old. Today the device still works as new, never had any issues. I love the use of the Spen, but it is the old Spen technology, I currently have a Note5 also and there might be differences in the software.

Battery life is very good, I bought a Bluetooth keyboard and the Samsung wireless mouse.

The device is running on Lollipop and the operating system won't get updated ever again.
Is it worth it for you?
80520b2e12ae7e5606e48267a6472b8f.jpg

Solitary Wolf

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Depends. Has Lolipop deteriorated the device's battery life in comparison to Kitkat?
By old S-Pen technology, do you mean by the Note 4 standards? If so, that's great, I think that technology still holds up for me today.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine now for close to two years. It's been a real workhorse. I use it for business as well as personal. It is a WiFi only model but I am with Verizon so can use my Note 4 as a hotspot if needed. 32gb internal and a 128gb (SanDisk) SD card. No problems with the card. It's updated to Android OS 5.0.2. Still runs smooth. I ditched my laptop & desktop 3 years ago with no regrets.
I also purchased a Wacom SPen. I like it for extended use as it's the size of a normal pen and more comfortable than standard SPen. Standard SPen works great too. I occasionally use the Samsung SMouse and a Jorno folding bluetooth keyboard for longer emails, documents etc.
If you can find one for a few hundred dollars, it's worth it.
There are hundreds of art, pdf apps in the Play Store

The Fatyank

Last edited:

Solitary Wolf

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine now for close to two years. It's been a real workhorse. I use it for business as well as personal. It is a WiFi only model but I am with Verizon so can use my Note 4 as a hotspot if needed. 32gb internal and a 128gb (SanDisk) SD card. No problems with the card. It's updated to Android OS 5.0.2. Still runs smooth. I ditched my laptop & desktop 3 years ago with no regrets.
I also purchased a Wacom SPen. I like it for extended use as it's the size of a normal pen and more comfortable than standard SPen. Standard SPen works great too. I occasionally use the Samsung SMouse and a Jorno folding bluetooth keyboard for longer emails, documents etc.
If you can find one for a few hundred dollars, it's worth it.
There are hundreds of art, pdf apps in the Play Store

The Fatyank

That sounds very promising. I most likely won't ditch my laptop and Desktop (those running on windows are very valuable to me), but i might consider selling my chromebook if the Note Pro 12.2 ends up exceeding what the Chromebook does. Thanks for your insight.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Depends. Has Lolipop deteriorated the device's battery life in comparison to Kitkat?
By old S-Pen technology, do you mean by the Note 4 standards? If so, that's great, I think that technology still holds up for me today.
No, battery life still good. No issues there.

My model is a wife data plan, so I can use it anywhere and yes the note 4 Spen technology.

Solitary Wolf

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
No, battery life still good. No issues there.

My model is a wife data plan, so I can use it anywhere and yes the note 4 Spen technology.

Okay, it sounds like Lolipop was better optimized with that device than the Note 4 (at least my Note 4 and many others).

What price did you buy it at?