Hi everyone,

Recently I've been looking into this glorious device. As a note user, the s-pen is a brilliant thing, but I rarely find myself using it on my note 4, which could be me trying to conserve battery life and such with it as my main smart phone.
    Anyway, I saw the capabilities of the note pro 12.2, and I'm curious to see if it was worth it to get a used/refurbished one from ebay or amazon. I was thinking of using it as a portable art tablet (I find myself using a 3ds for art more than my non-screen huon tablet), for note taking (such as writing over .pdf documents), and overall a nice portable device to perhaps replace my Lenovo 100s chromebook.
    I want some insight from current note pro users, if this one is worth it for me, or would a smaller model work as well, or something? I really am interested in the idea of a tablet with the spen.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-21-2016 03:49 AM
    I bought mine March 2015, by then it was almost one year old. Today the device still works as new, never had any issues. I love the use of the Spen, but it is the old Spen technology, I currently have a Note5 also and there might be differences in the software.

Battery life is very good, I bought a Bluetooth keyboard and the Samsung wireless mouse.

The device is running on Lollipop and the operating system won't get updated ever again.
    Is it worth it for you?
    07-21-2016 04:28 AM
    Depends. Has Lolipop deteriorated the device's battery life in comparison to Kitkat?
    By old S-Pen technology, do you mean by the Note 4 standards? If so, that's great, I think that technology still holds up for me today.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    07-21-2016 02:41 PM
    I've had mine now for close to two years. It's been a real workhorse. I use it for business as well as personal. It is a WiFi only model but I am with Verizon so can use my Note 4 as a hotspot if needed. 32gb internal and a 128gb (SanDisk) SD card. No problems with the card. It's updated to Android OS 5.0.2. Still runs smooth. I ditched my laptop & desktop 3 years ago with no regrets.
    I also purchased a Wacom SPen. I like it for extended use as it's the size of a normal pen and more comfortable than standard SPen. Standard SPen works great too. I occasionally use the Samsung SMouse and a Jorno folding bluetooth keyboard for longer emails, documents etc.
    If you can find one for a few hundred dollars, it's worth it.
    There are hundreds of art, pdf apps in the Play Store

The Fatyank
    pduffer likes this.
    07-21-2016 03:42 PM
    I've had mine now for close to two years. It's been a real workhorse. I use it for business as well as personal. It is a WiFi only model but I am with Verizon so can use my Note 4 as a hotspot if needed. 32gb internal and a 128gb (SanDisk) SD card. No problems with the card. It's updated to Android OS 5.0.2. Still runs smooth. I ditched my laptop & desktop 3 years ago with no regrets.
    I also purchased a Wacom SPen. I like it for extended use as it's the size of a normal pen and more comfortable than standard SPen. Standard SPen works great too. I occasionally use the Samsung SMouse and a Jorno folding bluetooth keyboard for longer emails, documents etc.
    If you can find one for a few hundred dollars, it's worth it.
    There are hundreds of art, pdf apps in the Play Store

The Fatyank
    That sounds very promising. I most likely won't ditch my laptop and Desktop (those running on windows are very valuable to me), but i might consider selling my chromebook if the Note Pro 12.2 ends up exceeding what the Chromebook does. Thanks for your insight.
    07-22-2016 01:29 AM
    Depends. Has Lolipop deteriorated the device's battery life in comparison to Kitkat?
    By old S-Pen technology, do you mean by the Note 4 standards? If so, that's great, I think that technology still holds up for me today.
    No, battery life still good. No issues there.

My model is a wife data plan, so I can use it anywhere and yes the note 4 Spen technology.
    07-22-2016 08:52 AM
    No, battery life still good. No issues there.

My model is a wife data plan, so I can use it anywhere and yes the note 4 Spen technology.
    Okay, it sounds like Lolipop was better optimized with that device than the Note 4 (at least my Note 4 and many others).

What price did you buy it at?
    07-22-2016 01:03 PM
    Okay, it sounds like Lolipop was better optimized with that device than the Note 4 (at least my Note 4 and many others).

What price did you buy it at?
    I paid full price , I think it was like $700 or more
    07-22-2016 01:30 PM
    I see. Well, I hope the companies I get it from does a good refurbishing job on them. Thanks for the insight.
    07-24-2016 02:28 AM