When the Tablet goes into sleep mode or standby is not turn on.

A

AC Question

There has been a problem for my tablet. When the device goes into sleep mode or standby is not turn on. The power button must hold for 10 seconds to reset the tablet. In your opinion, what might be the problem. Would you awake mode sensor is damaged or the problem is software.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Merged duplicate threads.

Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-94508/

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
1- Do you use any magnetic cover case ? This tablet has a magnetic sensor that will shut down the screen.
If you're using one, try to use the tablet without the magnetic cover.
2- When waking it up, does the button menu and back light up ? If they do, your tablet is on but no display.

There is no specific answer as there are many sources to cause this problem.

You can go directly to Factory Mode to test the Sleep fuction
1- Use calculator to enter this code to go to Factory Mode
(+30012012732+
2- Then enter *#0*# to get to test mode

Screenshot_2016-11-06-18-17-05.jpg
Touch the Sleep button, the tablet should go to standby.
Press Home or Power button, it should wake up.
Exit the test and factory mode by using the Back button

Factory Mode is the best way to test hardware functions.

Last edited:

nima hessi

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
hi
Thank you for your response. All sensors are working properly even sleep mode(with the (+30012012732+ code).

The problem (When the Tablet goes into sleep mode or standby is not turn on.) also happens even the device is Safe Mode.

Is it possible hardware problem?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The problem (When the Tablet goes into sleep mode or standby is not turn on.) also happens even the device is Safe Mode.

Is it possible hardware problem?

That would be my guess. Bring it to a repair shop or a Samsung service center.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Factory Mode is used to test hardware functions, if everything is working in this mode, then problem is from software or other apps installed.
Try to do the factory reset to see if your tablet functions normally. Repair center will do the same thing as it's impossible to isolate problem if there are many apps installed in the tablet, it's hard to tell which one is causing problem or the system is corrupted.

nima hessi

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
hi
Thanks to all friends, especially Beut, the problem was solved. Probably called a self test in factory mode option that solved the problem. It was excellent. I did not think the problem is resolved. thank you very much to all.

Last edited:

dasav

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
I can't even get out of bootloop and I am totally Fu****ed and I have tried communicating with Samsung and it's super rude employees, like damn can't a guy just get a small break that does not involve his electronic devices or his extremities.... My email is [Email removed by Moderator] please help

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn