On the first page of the app it says mine has the Samsung exynos 8 core chip but under it only shows 4 cores. Any of my other Samsung phones with similar Exynos chips show 8 cores. I had a problem a while back when my wife dropped my tablet. Right after that I started having slow charging issues. I replaced the battery and I noticed I was getting a hot spot on the back of the tablet around the middle when I held it.

That problem has seemed to stop but the tablet doesnt seem as quick as it used to. It really lags opening programs and switch apps etc.

CPU-Z only shows 4 cores so I am wondering if one of the chips has died or something weird like that? Thanks for any assistance if you could let me know if you show 8 cores in the app. Must be the Exynos chip tablet too thanks.
    12-30-2018 12:24 PM
    The Snapdragon has 4 cores, but the Exynos should have 8. It's not a "chip" that dies - all cores are on the same chip - it's probably a portion of the silicon in the chip that fractured.
    12-30-2018 01:37 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I am wondering if theres another app that I can monitor all cores while it stress tests the system? Something that would show all available cores at work.
    12-30-2018 07:47 PM