Would you buy the G-Note if it were...

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
... $950 retail and $750 with a two-year contract?

I get the sense that Samsung wants it to be marketed as both a mini-tablet and a phone. Kind of a best-of-both-worlds hybrid. I fear that most will pigeon-hole it into being just a big phone.

The stylus will need a killer app... Which I think will be signature capture. If paired with Square's payment system, theis device can replace a LOT of independent solutions. Think restaurant bills and postage signing... I can't wait!

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I personally wouldn't pay that much. But I can see carriers selling it for $800 off contract and $400 on contract. With the new Skyrocket for $249 on contract this would fit. The specs are similiar with the Note having a larger screen and the stylus, carriers would try to market it towards business people. And of course they would raise the price.

mxmarcus

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I think once the device comes to the US the price would be around $600 off contract. And you can wait a couple of months and pick it up on craigslist for $300 or less.

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The phone is selling for ?550 in UK for those on ATT network waiting for it.
?550 = ~$880 at today's exchange rates. So assuming retail is about equivalent in currency rates, aren't we looking at $900 retail and $700 on contract?

I don't think that the G-Note will be equivalent in pricing to the SGS2 or GNexus. I'd assume a $100-$200 premium because of larger screen and stylus.

umdur man

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
?550 = ~$880 at today's exchange rates. So assuming retail is about equivalent in currency rates, aren't we looking at $900 retail and $700 on contract?

I don't think that the G-Note will be equivalent in pricing to the SGS2 or GNexus. I'd assume a $100-$200 premium because of larger screen and stylus.

You can ignore exchange rates - Gadgets sold in the US for $100 tend to get sold in the UK for ?100 and vice versa. I guess it means we in the UK are bigger suckers and always get ripped off when compared to US prices.

So I would expect US prices to be around $550 without contract and $200 with contract.

Raptor

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I really think the Note will go for about $300 with a 2 year contract in the states. If available without contract, and I doubt it will be, I'd guess about $700 but perhaps as little as $600.

I do hope they offer a 32GB version and not just the 16GB. Actually I wish they were offering a 64GB version.

Brian

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if you can buy an unlocked phone from amazon/uk and have them withhold the Vat tax? Since it is being shipped to the US I think it should haven't asked them yet. I checked a G-note on their website and the final price was $1152 usd. I didn't order it though too expensive.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I would doubt it; the big push is that it's a hybrid device. And as much as I love the form factor, if it didn't have phone capabilities I wouldn't bother. I'd just buy the Galaxy Nexus instead. :cool:

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
yep the device will be way too expensive for most people. Businesses might buy into it if it offers features that they could use for out of office use. It would have to much more than corporate email.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I was looking forward to getting one but I'll just go with the nexus, kinda wanted to use this as a portable media player as well as a note taker for my classes

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The original Galaxy Tab had a phone in it, but when it came to the US, It was removed. So it is possible that it may come here WIFI only.
I hope that it doesn't but its up to the carriers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood