Which US carrier will launch the G-Note first?

pmjj

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I Hope that Sprint would get it, I would be willing to do a phone shuffle on my family plan. I currently have an HTC Evo 3d, but I would really love the screen real estate with the newer phone! Why Europe first anyway? What is wrong with the States anyway. Come on carriers get your thumbs out of your A@@'s.:p

marose1

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I am holding off upgrading my iPhone 3gs to 4s because I am very interested in the GNote. I think that it may be particularly appealing to people with less than perfect eyesight like myself. While I am currently with ATT, I would like to see the GNote sold by Verizon, because the reception with Verizon is better in my area.

In the event that the GNote is not coming to the USA in the next couple of months, I will consider buying one from overseas, but only in the event that it is fully compatible with ATT here in the states. Is the GNote now being released in Europe fully compatible with ATT here in the states?

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
When I bought my EVO 4G, I wasn't even considering the 4G, since I figured it would be a long time before my area would see it. I just though that the phone was awesome. I'll do the same for a Sprint LTE Note; if my area gets it, that will be icing on the cake since I'd get it anyway. ;)

kwilsonjr

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
The network specs are different depending on the country according to the Samsung website. I'm assuming the HSPA+ will work on TMo right out of the box, albeit at only 21Mbps instead of 41 like my Galaxy SII.

If I buy from UK, will I be able to get that 21Mbps with my TMo SIM? I REALLY want to buy the Note right now, but not if I can only get basic 2G.

Please, ANY theories, rumors, tech talk on using unlocked UK version with tmo?

whydidnt

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Based on the preceding, it looks like the European version of the GNote will work OK on ATT in the US at HSPA+ 21Mbps. Am I correct?

That's right. I'm waiting for confirmation of availability overseas before ordering though. These high end devices seem to take forever to actually hit the market after announcement.

The great thing about SIM cards is I can use this when I know I'll be using email and the internet heavily and enjoy the larger screen and higher resolution, but then switch to the Galaxy SII for those times I don't want to carry such a large device. It's interesting that despite it's size it really doesn't weigh more than previous large devices like the Thunderbolt.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking that it might be early next year before we hear about any U.S. release(s). I'm thinking about picking up a Galaxy S II to tide me over; I'm still rocking my EVO 4G; I'm ready for a change, and the S II has a lot of the functionality of the Note. :cool:

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
i really want to see this come to verizon with LTE

...but i'm not going to hold my breath

chances are if it comes to the US it will be for ATT with hspa+/LTE like some of the samsung ads have been saying...