Getting LTE for US market?

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I just realized that - according to the specs - the G-Note doesn't have LTE.

I would hope that when released in the US, it would have LTE...

Last edited:

ChillFactorz

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Samsung says the Note will have LTE, Note specs. I'm just not sure if the HSPA+ 21mps chip and LTE chip are both in the Note, or if their are two varients of the Note. The site uses terms like HSPA+ or LTE. :confused: At the top, of the site, click the Specs tab for more accurate specs.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
When the Galaxy II phones were first released, was the CDMA or LTE version/radios mentioned? I'm also not sure of the timeframe of the European release vs the US ones...

Raptor

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Samsung will be offering the Note with LTE in Korea soon so when that model is available there it should also be available in the USA.

I am hoping it comes to the USA as LTE so I can go with Verizon instead of ATT or T-mobile.

I'm also waiting to see when the Galaxy Tab 7.7 is going to hit the shelves. I may be sporting two new Samsung Galaxy devices if this happens...

Brian

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't Korea use CDMA? So it would likely be a CDMA/LTE version. So only good if Verizon wants to pick it up, which isn't entirely unlikely since they seem to have a new Android phone every couple weeks.

BaLs

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Guys,
I'm also waiting for LTE version :p . I'm just switch to AT&T GoPhone, I can go ahead buy one from international market and use it with AT&T.

But when it in release in US (my guess most probably with AT&T) I can get the Note in subsidized price for 2 years contract.

But my main concern is, I have this feeling that the reason AT&T & Samsung not yet release this in US yet might be because AT&T want to release it as LTE version. Last few devices released by AT&T are LTE and they really focusing on this.

But Galaxy Note is very tempting! Dunno how long i hold on :(

Last edited:

startac7868

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
There's numerous references to FCC filing for GNote with HSPA+ radios for AT&T. They are dated around late September. None mention LTE. It should be noted this filing is for a version that is already shipping in Europe and elsewhere. So it's not hard for Samsung to file at FCC. More on this later.*

But there is some indication the AT&T version will also include an LTE radio so that it works on any of their network protocols.
Samsung Galaxy Note to Come with 4G LTE, on AT&T?
Samsung Galaxy Note to Come with 4G LTE, on AT&T? - Carrypad | Carrypad

It basically says a senior vice president let it slip that the US version will have both HSPA+ and LTE.

I'm not totally sure just how an FCC filing works in what sort of timeframe. However, I'm inclined to believe if that was the case, specs in the FCC filing for AT&T would have indicated it to be so. Thus I am not optimistic about that Carrypad's interpretation the AT&T version will have both LTE and HSPA+.

An alternative explanation, one that is still consistent with the quote from the senior vice president, is that they are planning 2 distinct versions, one for Verizon's LTE/CDMA network and another version for ATT's HSPA+ network (the one already filed with FCC) but not their LTE network. As yet however, there is no FCC filing for the Galaxy Note for Verizon's frequencies. The LTE frequencies used on Verizon and AT&T differ.

* On the other hand, because the FCC filing in September is for the currently shipping model, we may yet see a version for AT&T LTE/HSPA+. It's just that Samsung isn't ready to file that one at FCC yet.

Last edited:

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I decided to go with the international unlocked version because:
1. Available now rather than who knows when...
2. Limited current LTE footprint. I am on the fringe of LTE at work but would probably only get a decent signal outside.
3. I'll take the better battery life without another radio.
4. Faster updates since ATT won't be in the loop. Plus thethering and bloatware free stock device.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
This might cool me down! I keep looking at the note and want to get one but I would be pissed if I get the currently version only to see an LTE version launch in the new year.

I just need to keep enjoying my Skyrocket!

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
With the amount of time between the euro ver. and US ver. I can see it coming out with LTE in Q1. Maybe even sans buttons, for ICS.

In fact I find it hard to believe a mini tablet won't come out with LTE.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol