Using Import Note with US Carrier

kwilsonjr

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
What features of the unlocked import Galaxy Note are ready to use 'out-of-the-box' with U.S. carriers? Can you just drop in your sim card and start using it? What kind of speeds can you expect?

Flash your technoweenie, let's see some outright speculation!

Last edited:

FireAndGlass

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
There's no speculation. You look at the bands it supports, and what bands your carrier uses, and see what matches up. It works on AT&T voice and data including 3G. For T-Mobile, it doesn't support it's 1700mhz (IIRC) 3G band, so you have to use EDGE (2G) with it. This info is in the other thread, btw.

mastaofdacat

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a galaxy s 2 on att with smartphone 3gig data plan. I almost imported last night but I wanna make sure hspa + and it will get phone calls,mms and SMS no problem. Will it all work just putting my sim card in and typing all codes I have to do?

Projectrally

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I've got AT&T. I had an iPhone 4. I yanked the Sim Card out, made an adapter out of a thin piece of plastic, and slapped it right into my Note. Total elapsed time: about five minutes. It worked perfectly, and was running HSPA+ speeds.

Then today, I decided to sell my iPhone 4, so I wanted to put the original micro sim back in it (short version: it won't restore to factory settings without a sim card in it). So I borrowed a friend's old AT&T iPhone 3G (regular sized sim) and went into the local AT&T store and told them I wanted to switch to using the old phone. They activated a new sim card for me free of charge. I walked out of the store, popped that newly activated sim into my Note, rebooted it, and I was back up and running in about 30 seconds.

Technically, I should tell AT&T I'm using an android device now, but I don't see the point. Everything works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC