galaxy note with at&t

qkrzazzang

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
hi. i am thinking of buying galaxy note from either korea or uk. but im worried because they all seem to have different compatibility. im planning to use the "unlocked" note with at&t postpaid plan without 2 year contract which is possible. is there a specific place where i should order this or can i just buy one from korea and get it unlocked from somewhere and be able to use it with at&t postpaid plan? thanks in advance

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
hi. i am thinking of buying galaxy note from either korea or uk. but im worried because they all seem to have different compatibility. im planning to use the "unlocked" note with at&t postpaid plan without 2 year contract which is possible. is there a specific place where i should order this or can i just buy one from korea and get it unlocked from somewhere and be able to use it with at&t postpaid plan? thanks in advance

Amazon.com has them now unlocked.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1420974

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yup Amazon is good. I found mine on craigslist for 700.

You are using on ATT with a go plan correct? How did you do that? Just go and get the phone at best buy and then pop the SIM card in? So you have voice and hspa data on ATT? Unlimited voice and data for 50?

Reactions: dwade62

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Yup go phone. I bought my sim at the AT&T store, popped it in and put the APN settings.

They APN can be found on the 3rd page of the "Where to buy Galaxy Note for US" thread.

It is showing HSPA but so far my speeds have been terrible. I wonder if they are throttled. I need to do more speed tests.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: planoman

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Here are some speed tests. They aren't that good. I wonder if its because I'm using a prepaid account.

Gary86

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Who covers the warranty for the note since it isn't from the US? Would Samsung UK honor the 1 yr or whatever factory warranty is?

BaLs

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Here are some speed tests. They aren't that good. I wonder if its because I'm using a prepaid account.

Where is your location? I'm also getting similar speed here in Davenport, Iowa :(

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
More like EDGE speeds. How much is adding a line to your account? I thought it is like 10 a month? With that and data is that not comparable to a $50 a month go plan? I guess it is a 2 year contract.

Anyone using their Note on this type of plan and are the speeds better?

Last edited:

pnwAl

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I popped an AT&T SIM card from a non-smartphone I had on my family plan. The data works, 3G and Hsdpa+ but the speeds suck! Does anyone know how to modify the settings, or the account plan for the phone to get faster speeds? The WiFi rocks and for the most part is what I use, but when out and about, would be nice to have a faster network speed option.

anon579421

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Where is your location? I'm also getting similar speed here in Davenport, Iowa :(

Dude I'm just down 1-80 in Iowa City, IA thinking of importing a Galaxy Note to use on AT&T. I've read up on this site but haven't found a step-by-step guide to making it work.

I have an iphone 4 on contract with AT&T, I'm wondering how I get a SIM card and then how I make it work on 3G after I would put it into a Note I imported.

Cheers,
RG

anon579421

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I looked online and ordered a $3 SIM card from amazon. Still hoping to get confirmation that it will work over 3g if I do import a Note. Wondered if y'all could help?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon