Galaxy Note AT&T month to month service?

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
well my question is regarding if the galaxy Note which works on AT&T will work on a "pay as you go" plan or prepaid "Gophone" plan, i am currently on simple mobile, and well I tried the galaxy nexus, but I ordered a note from amazon, and will give it a try and of course if i dont like it i will return it, i know it doesnt work on 3g on simple mobile, but i am on wifi most of the time, and well simple mobile is not unlimited anyways so i am not trying to reach the 1 gb data cap, anyhow the reason of my question, is that if i like the note more than the nexus i will return the nexus and keep the note, if so need to know if i should go to at&t on a prepaid service, no need for a contract.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
well my question is regarding if the galaxy Note which works on AT&T will work on a "pay as you go" plan or prepaid "Gophone" plan, i am currently on simple mobile, and well I tried the galaxy nexus, but I ordered a note from amazon, and will give it a try and of course if i dont like it i will return it, i know it doesnt work on 3g on simple mobile, but i am on wifi most of the time, and well simple mobile is not unlimited anyways so i am not trying to reach the 1 gb data cap, anyhow the reason of my question, is that if i like the note more than the nexus i will return the nexus and keep the note, if so need to know if i should go to at&t on a prepaid service, no need for a contract.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note/136364-t-hspa-speeds.html

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
ok I read that Interesting they throttle the speeds for prepaid, but even if the settings are fixed, is possible to get higher speeds?, anyhow if not then another option i see is straight talk, which i heard works for the Note on 3G, any recommendation will be great, thanks.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't think Straight Talk is a good idea. Base on another ST customer, he said they do throttle after about 2gb and can terminate your account if abused. Also they don't allow tethering. You have to buy one of the two Nokia to get their nonlocked SIM and change the APN setting. I really can't see the hassle.worth it, but if you think its worth it try it.

Or you can wait for the Note US version comin to ATT next year, but I'm not interested due to the Snapdragon CPU.

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't think Straight Talk is a good idea. Base on another ST customer, he said they do throttle after about 2gb and can terminate your account if abused. Also they don't allow tethering. You have to buy one of the two Nokia to get their nonlocked SIM and change the APN setting. I really can't see the hassle.worth it, but if you think its worth it try it.

Or you can wait for the Note US version comin to ATT next year, but I'm not interested due to the Snapdragon CPU.

ok tested it and got the AT&T Gophone with the correct apn working, works like a charm, got HSPA+ so happy with it, this phone is not only fast, this is definitely better than the Galaxy Nexus which I have tested, very happy with it.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
ok tested it and got the AT&T Gophone with the correct apn working, works like a charm, got HSPA+ so happy with it, this phone is not only fast, this is definitely better than the Galaxy Nexus which I have tested, very happy with it.

good info. what are your speeds up and down? what were was the APN you input? I may go this route if I get a Note. Did you get the $50 go plan with talk, text and data? Do you buy the phone at best buy or something and just pop the SIM in the Note? Are you in an LTE area and would you get the LTE version if it is coming?

Last edited:

kwilsonjr

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site

Wish I had read this yesterday. I bought the cheapo moto ST phone and unlimited plan only to find the SIM locked to the phone.

kwilsonjr

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site

MORE INFO! What phone? What speeds? (speedtest?) Where did you get it? which APN?

TIA.

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
MORE INFO! What phone? What speeds? (speedtest?) Where did you get it? which APN?

TIA.

first off this is the HSPA+ version not the LTE Version, secondly well I get what i used to get on my Nitro when I was here since not LTE available, average2-3 mbps down and up 1-1.5 mbps which is not bad, and yes the 50 dollars a month is the plan I got and tethering works which makes me happy :).

Name: Cingular 410
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: Not Set
Port: Not Set
username:WAP@cingularGPRS.com
password: CINGULAR1
Server: cingulargprs.com
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: Not Set
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: Not Set
APN Type: Internet + mms

hope this helps :)

jshenmd

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
first off this is the HSPA+ version not the LTE Version, secondly well I get what i used to get on my Nitro when I was here since not LTE available, average2-3 mbps down and up 1-1.5 mbps which is not bad, and yes the 50 dollars a month is the plan I got and tethering works which makes me happy :).

Name: Cingular 410
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: Not Set
Port: Not Set
username:WAP@cingularGPRS.com
password: CINGULAR1
Server: cingulargprs.com
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: Not Set
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: Not Set
APN Type: Internet + mms

hope this helps :)
Sniper, after reading your mssg, I bought a GoPhone and $50 card from BB yesterday. Activated & loaded the $50 plan. Put the SIM in my Galaxy Note, and it said SIM card failure. Tried multiple times, and same thing happens. (G-Note does recognize another SIM from an old AT&T WindowsMobile phone I used to have, and allows me to reset APN. Also G-Note recognizes T-mobile SIM.)

Which GoPhone did you get? I bought the AT&T U2800A.

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
How does this work? Do I need to buy one of ATT's GoPhones and transfer the sim card over, or can I just get a sim card and activate it?

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk

Seeker14491

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Sniper1087, exactly how did you get it to work? What phone did you buy? I just ordered my Note, but I still need to figure out how to set it up with AT&T as I have T-Mobile right now.

Seeker14491

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site

canw1

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I bought my AT&T SIM card from eBay.

Here?s the card I bought: Brand New AT&T 4G 3G SIM Card Go Phone Prepaid 73057
I activated online. Then I purchased the $50 unlimited text and talk prepaid plan and of course I had to get a data plan.

AT&T says smartphone users have to purchase a data package to use data services on this plan. Now with everything up and running, I?m getting HSPA+ speeds on the N7000.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan