Straight Talk

kwilsonjr

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, I decided to be the guinea pig and give it a try. Bought the cheap Straight Talk GSM phone ($39) and an unlimited plan ($45) - Activated the service using ST phone, made sure it was working, then transferred SIM to the Note. Error during boot-up

'SIM Card Crashed - Call Customer Service'

I put it back in the ST phone and no probs. I'm playing around with it now, but I have a feeling these SIMS are somehow locked to the phone you buy.

illuminatie

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
The only ones that work on straight talk are Nokia e71, Nokia e5, and Nokia 6790. All of them come with an unlocked sim card. I have the e71 and it has worked in every at&t phone that I've put it in including blackberrys.

franquis

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to read your opinions about Straight Talk $45 UL plan vs Simple Mobile $60 UL plan. I'm now on the $30 100 minute 5G TMobile plan. I love the data allowance, and the price of the plan, but the 100 min is a deal killer (tried Skype, Groove IP, Vonage to help with minutes, but I'm sick of feeling embarrassed when people ask me what's wrong with my phone, no consistent quality with calls). So I'm considering my options, even if a little higher in price. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Also, if I'm missing other companies or plans out there, please let me know about them too.
I have a rooted Exhibit II 4G

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I talked to ST this morning and they said I could use any unlocked at&t or t-mobile phone. I am seriously considering it. I am tired of paying verizon $100 a month. Is there any thing bad about ST. It just sounds to good to be true.

mobilebuddha

May 9, 2011
Visit site
there shouldn't be any issues w/ StraightTalk on android phone. Recently they allow you to bring any android device. I have ST on my galaxy nexus w/o any issues, going on 5 months now.

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
you can always sell the note on ebay and come out about even. That is what I do. Worse case scenario is that you lose $25-$50. I buy and sell phones all the time this way.

bobvanjr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the sim and a Note from amazon so I'll soon find out if it works. I still have my GSII on contract with Sprint so I'm covered if it doesn't work out.

bobvanjr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I just did it with an International Note and it was super easy setting it up online. I immediately speed tested it and was getting dl speeds of 5.5mbps!!!!!

Goodbye Sprint with 100kbps!!!!

CTREV21

May 14, 2012
Visit site
So now that you have the note on straight Talk what is everyone doing for insurance?

Sent from my sorry ass EVO 3D

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I just did it with an International Note and it was super easy setting it up online. I immediately speed tested it and was getting dl speeds of 5.5mbps!!!!!

Goodbye Sprint with 100kbps!!!!

If your getting those speeds, once my att contract is up. Im going to straight talk.

Last edited:

bobvanjr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
That's what I've been getting but speed test quit working so I don't know what's up with that. I can tell it's still super fast just by how fast Web pages load and stuff like that.

As far as insurance... I'm being VERY careful.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski