Rooting+CWM

mark62nc

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Want to root using ChainFire's CF-Root but am trying to figure out if it is necessary to flash back to KJ1 firmware first?

My note was German and has already been OTA updated to KL7. I tried just dl'ing the CFInstaller with the associated KL7 zimage, but it can't write the image to my device.....

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Want to root using ChainFire's CF-Root but am trying to figure out if it is necessary to flash back to KJ1 firmware first?

My note was German and has already been OTA updated to KL7. I tried just dl'ing the CFInstaller with the associated KL7 zimage, but it can't write the image to my device.....

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

I saw somewhere that rooting will be more difficult with kl7. It may be a few more days until a rooting method for kl7 comes out. Not sure.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I thought kl7 was improved over the previous versions? Once root is available for kl7 are you going update and reroot?

Did you ever find a belt holster solution?

mark62nc

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I thought kl7 was improved over the previous versions? Once root is available for kl7 are you going update and reroot?

Did you ever find a belt holster solution?

After getting back to KK9, I ran the "already rooted" portion of CF Installer to get CWM. Then I dl'ed stock KL7, the CF-root KL7 kernel and flashed using the CWM Manager app and now have rooted-CWM KL7.

P51 recommended this and it works pretty good - at least I can put this on my belt.:)

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
After getting back to KK9, I ran the "already rooted" portion of CF Installer to get CWM. Then I dl'ed stock KL7, the CF-root KL7 kernel and flashed using the CWM Manager app and now have rooted-CWM KL7.

P51 recommended this and it works pretty good - at least I can put this on my belt.:)

Thanks! Have you received the belt bag yet? Would I be able to use it with a TPU case on the GNote with this bag?

mark62nc

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! Have you received the belt bag yet? Would I be able to use it with a TPU case on the GNote with this bag?

Just got it yesterday so I've only worn it a little but so far I think it will work well until I see another leather one I like better.

I have a TPU case and it fits perfectly in the medium size - had to order blue pouch as the blacks were out of stock.

Reactions: planoman

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Just got it yesterday so I've only worn it a little but so far I think it will work well until I see another leather one I like better.

I have a TPU case and it fits perfectly in the medium size - had to order blue pouch as the blacks were out of stock.

Thanks for the update!

operacreed

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Rooting Gnote

i upgraded OTA to last firmware 2.3.6
it erased previous installed superuser..
tried installing root through unlockroot.com to no success.

any help on what rooting site or software now applicable to latest firmware..TY

operacreed

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
for above concern, the kernel version is DXLA1-CL886914....

Am no techie so any assistance will be appreciated.

PS i have international version purchased in Asia Dec 2011