Current iphone4S owner, wanting to change to a Note. Details ..

riekls

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
So I have an iPhone 4S (ATT) I'm not eligable for an upgrade (irrelevant since ATT doesn't have this yet). My thoughts are sell the 4S, buy the Note, that part is simple but how to get it active on ATT is less clear.

What phone/data plan do I need to make this work? I can't use the prepaid plan option as that would trigger a $300 cancelation fee from ATT on my existing account. Thoughts ?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Current iphone4S owner, wanting to change to a Note. Details

So I have an iPhone 4S (ATT) I'm not eligable for an upgrade (irrelevant since ATT doesn't have this yet). My thoughts are sell the 4S, buy the Note, that part is simple but how to get it active on ATT is less clear.

What phone/data plan do I need to make this work? I can't use the prepaid plan option as that would trigger a $300 cancelation fee from ATT on my existing account. Thoughts ?

Yes, the GNote gets HSPA+ speeds where available on ATT. Have you made up your mind on which GNote you want? The international version is available now from Amazon and other vendors unlocked. There are rumors that ATT will be bringing the GNote to the US market in q1 of this year. Probably more info in a week or so from CES.

Once you decide that, I see no reason why your plan would not work since you will be getting an international GNote or off contract one from ATT for $650 up.

Once you sell your iphone, you can get a new SIM from ATT, make sure your account is set up the way you want, pop the SIM into the GNote, configure the ATT APN and off you go with a awesome GNote on ATT! You may not even have to change anything on your plan at all...I have seen threads where people switch back and forth from their android to iphones and just use a micro SIM adapter when going to android.

Hopefully this is helpful.

riekls

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Great thanks ! So i just keep the same 2gb data plan I have now and it will work with the international Note? I don't have ATT LTE in my area so waiting is pointless I will just get the international, i'm fond of the hard button home anyway.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I have not had a iphone, but I believe I have seen where users switch back and forth. I have the smartphone unlimited LTE plan (I also have a skyrocket) and my SIM works fine in my GNote. Not sure if the android plans and iphone plans are different but they work until they say
something.

BTW you will love the GNote!

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site

You will love the Galaxy Note with it's big battery and beautiful HD screen.

As you make the switch, here is how to transfer everything over from your iPhone and apps to replace your old ones:

Apple Users Guide to Android

It will show you 40 great new features you will have now that were missing from your iPhone.

If you have tiny hands, you should consider the iPhone. If you have normal hands, that alone makes the Note a great option.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

If only I could find somebody to buy my iPhone 4S. I've wanted the Note since it was announced.

riekls

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Just ordered my Note from Amazon, will have it on Friday :) Bye iPhone4s !

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You could try the marketplace on tipb.com (android centrals sister site) or Sell and Recycle Used Electronics - Gazelle will give a decent price, but not as much as you could get selling it on your own.

I'll check tipb out. I have it on my local Craigslist but I live in a smaller city and I keep getting nice $250 offers, smh If people want an iPhone for $250 they can go sign a contract for one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs