Battery life

Gorcho

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Battery life in Galaxy note seems really bad. barely 24 hours with moderate- moderate low usage, whhats the point to have a device with lots of bells and whistles if you cant use them at the same time, do you have to disable most of the best performance points to improve battery life? or I just got bad device?
any pointers are welcome

JoeyW

May 25, 2011
Visit site
... and i thought 16 hours was good battery life... i never had a new age smart phone with more than a days worth of battery life (note, s2, milestone, bb 9700, bb storm, bb 9000 and the first generation iphone)

jandoz

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
my note's battery life is more than 15 to 20 hrs when i msg, browse n make calls.. but if u use it for gamin n movies.. any smartphone wont last for more than 7 to 10 hrs max..

Gorcho

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
well thank you guys, this is a reality check for me :), I expected more but, if this is the regular battery life, Im fine with it

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't know who says it barely lives over 25 hours. I text quite a bit, might surf a little or watch a video or two. Few phone calls. Normally last me 2 days before I throw it on the charger. I usually have 20% left on the 2nd day. Usually watch a few videos before going to bed as well.

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Just and update, just went 3 days... LOTS of texting, good amount of web browsing, phone calls and video watching. About 9 tonight, at 10 percent :)

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Just and update, just went 3 days... LOTS of texting, good amount of web browsing, phone calls and video watching. About 9 tonight, at 10 percent :)

Wow, that's awesome! Although I have to say that I have never had a smartphone that I haven't put on to charge overnight, no matter what the remaining percentage is. :D

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that's awesome! Although I have to say that I have never had a smartphone that I haven't put on to charge overnight, no matter what the remaining percentage is. :D

I've watched my son let his phone get down to 1% before he'd put it on the charger. Just the thought of that makes me cringe.

nomi1978

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Wow thats great battery life. I got 20 hours on my first day with the note, now I average about 12. Yesterday after 13 hours I got the notification of low battery.

I didnt even use it that much, mybe 10-20 emails, 30-40 min phone call. 4 games of draw, and 15-20 mins of browsing. wifi and gps stuff is off, i wonder if some app is killing me. oh and i had about 20-30 whatsapp messages.

buckshots

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a note on tuesday the 1st. I would unplug it from the charger at about 7 am and by 11 am I was already down to about 30% battery life with very light usage. I contacted samsung and told me to just do manual sync on my emails. It helped a bit but not really.

I went back to at&t and the rep said that was not normal, and I also talked to a customer there that had the note and he said that he was getting all day usage with heavy use of the phone. So the rep exchanged the phone for me and now I am getting about 8 and a half hours with constant usage of text and and moderate of twitter, youtube, and emails.

I am extremely happy now with my note and plan to keep it. I don't see myself going back to apple unless they have a ground breaking product but I highly doubt it.

You might have a defective unit like I had, so try to exchange it.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Battery life in Galaxy note seems really bad. barely 24 hours with moderate- moderate low usage, whhats the point to have a device with lots of bells and whistles if you cant use them at the same time, do you have to disable most of the best performance points to improve battery life? or I just got bad device?
any pointers are welcome

If you really need more juice, an extended battery (with the extra weight and bulk) might be the answer. Mugen (5400 mAh) and others (5000 mAh) can be found on eBay ranging from $19 to $100+. All include extended battery backs.

But 24+ hours is excellent for a phone like this with normal usage.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey