can i manually install official ICS onto an international note ?

elfmandude

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
i'm planning to get the N7000 version of the note. but i will not be getting carrier service. i will basically be using it as a wifi tablet. since i wont be getting ICS via a carrier, would there be a way to manually download and install the official samsung touchwiz version of ICS when it comes out?

i was thinking of flashing CM9 but i want to have all the cool s-pen apps and the new "premium suite" that come with the official ICS update.

it looks really cool. :)

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvH6vbhOs6Y[/YT]

Last edited:

chefdane

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: can i manually install official ICS onto an international not

Thank for the info, I have a Galaxy note and I live in barbados and i dont know when or if i"ll get the ICS update. I assume the official version isn't on the net as yet? and do I have to root the phone to install the official ICS?

bb5speed

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

A manual update is not only possible but easy! download Kies from samsung, it allows you to sync just about anything on your samsung device. it will automatically recognize whatever samsung device you plug into your computer. it then tells you the firmware you are running and if there is an update :) just follow any on screen steps for the rest. here is a link its to the U.S. page, it shouldl give you a good idea. P.S. the note is AMAZING!

Cyborg16

May 18, 2012
Visit site

I just upgraded yesterday, it has been proposed directly from the update manager on the phone (ICS from Samsung, I precise).

One word: FAST! WEB, PDF, UI, don't if it is related but i have a better S-PEN response.

little cons:
I miss a bit the keyboard of the original 2.x, don't like the flat button and the "OK" place, just a matter of habits i guess.