Note ics germany open is lunched

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Upgraded tonight via kies. Pretty cool I must say. I was about to sell my GT-N7000, glad I did not. I am having fun with the facial recognition screen lock! Lots of other changes, still going through them. My CSC is DBT from Germany.

Sneakersislife

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
im not into flashing roms, i dont wanna mess with anything, how would i go about knowing if i have a german one or not, and will i still be able to upgrade to ics without a sim card installed?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
im not into flashing roms, i dont wanna mess with anything, how would i go about knowing if i have a german one or not, and will i still be able to upgrade to ics without a sim card installed?

type *#272*Device IMEI# into your phone dialing keypad. IMEI is your phones entire IMEI. It will then tell you your CSC. It will say DBT if your Note is made for Germany. I believe you can still update OTA without a SIM card if since you are on wifi. Not sure if you use Kies.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I believe it is Europe but not a specific country. You could switch it to DBT if you want BUT IT WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE JUST LIKE A FACTORY RESET.

You can search how to do it. Or you could wait a few more days as I am sure the other carriers will be releasing it soon...

kwilsonjr

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site

Mine has no sim card and ICS installed fine with Kies. Plug the Note into your PC, Open Kies on your PC, make sure it has the latest update (Help-Update). You will be presented with the firmware update option right after updating Kies.

p.s. make sure your phone is over 50% charged or the firmware update will stop until you charge it.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
sorry for the extremely late response, but will this do a hard reset? dont wanna lose the stuff i have on my note currently.

Using kies will reset your phone with a new firmware but not wipe anything from your phone. I took out my SD card just in case. You will have to redo all of your settings but all of your apps will still be there.

smair82

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Just installed ics via Odin and was amazed how easy it was. What a difference it has made to the phone I had a galaxy nexus before then went back to an iphone. But the note on ics is the best phone I have ever used so smooth and quick compared to before and no lag

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums