Battery Disconnected Warning

wilnotdie

May 23, 2013
Visit site
lol it worked!

Dam Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch (Sprint D710) started doing this. Dropped it from about 5ish inches on to my notepad and bingo was his name-o.

Thanks!!! :D

laceyu103

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I dropped mine an it hasn't worked the sign keeps coming up exactly how did u go about dropping it? Thanks cannot charge my phone at all lol

HiveVoltage

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I just experienced the battery disconnected warning when plugging in my Galaxy S4. Luckily, I only had to remove and replace the battery and all was well again. I hope I am never forced to drop it give it a Fonzie whack to make it work.

RapidNameChange

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Aw man, this is great! I have an Exhibit II that kept doing this exact thing so I took the battery out and threw the F**ker at the wall! Worked like a charm! Next time it messes up I think I'll grab a hammer and give it the what for ;)

No seriously, I threw this p.o.s. at the wall and it stopped giving me the ridiculous battery disconnected warning.

Farmaan Aziz

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
This is the best solution I've got.:D......My Note's screen was flickering and suddley my phone alreted me "battery disconnected" and the phone swited off..:confused:..After many fail attempt to resatrt my phone...I came across this post and as I was already frustrated I dropprd my phone from the table:mad:....and BAM! it started working again:cool:...weirdest and best solution I've seen till date:-X

KelliJonee Smith

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I just tried it. My Samsung Galaxy Note (AT&T) fell in the sink. I grabbed it before it got too wet, and I let it air out,wiped it off, and all that. My phone is not charging properly yet, but it did connect to the computer via USB properly, which it was not doing a minute ago. it started working after I dropped it on the carpet... I am going to keep dropping it, and hopefully the battery will charge properly, before I get up @ *am. I am till going to order another battery from Amazon.com for my phone in the case that this issue doesn't get resolved.
:confused:

Androidjunkie71

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Drop my note? Dumbest **** I ever heard. Then I looked all over the internet and couldn't find a better solution...So I just dropped one of my Note II's a couple times and OMG problem solved...my hat is off to all of you brave souls lol because this totally worked. :) amazing stuff in the phone world

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Tech support say the correct procedure is to hit it on the screen with a claw hammer.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Natalie Norwood

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I hesitated to try the "drop my phone" method until, as so many before me, I could not find a viable option that worked. I dropped it onto my carpeted living room floor from a height of about 2 ft. Dang if the silly thing didn't begin to charge when I got it plugged in. Prior to that all I got was a "battery disconnected" notice when I plugged it in to charge - thank you for posting this solution. The only other way I would have discovered it would be by throwing it out of frustration and that probably would have led to different results.

Ten minutes and it is still charging!! :D

Thanks again for the post!
Nat

Angelita Rodriguez

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
My phone woke me up this morning with a battery disconect warning. I got frustrated since I had just 10% of my battery.I tried everything; take the battery off,wipe the battery contacts,restart and backup my phone,put a clip on the top of the battery, but nothing worked out. I decided to read some forums and found this one. Thought they were just trolling by saying that the way to fix it was drop the phone like 2ft height. I was like what the hell,let?s do it , I gotta buy another phone anyways. so I dropped it couple times firts without the battery and then with it.. I plugged the charger and tan tan It started charging magically.

Is unbelievable,but really works.

Thank you so much.

Xtrattitude4u

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
LOL. I dropped my phone today and I think this CAUSED the problem. I tried plugging in my phone 30 minutes later and I got the dreaded message.
Drop it again? Hahahahaha this is so dumb.
I cleaned the contacts with alcohol and a qtip, then grabbed a needle and scratched off a little metal on the battery contacts.
It seems to be working, for now.

Tisch0791

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I discovered the same problem this morning with my S3 when plugging it in. Just so happens this is the very first time I did not charge my phone overnight! Tried to charge it on about 5 different charging cords. Called Sprint and they said first step is to blow some air into the port for the charger. Believe it or not, it worked. I presume with all the exposure phones have to fibers, dust, and fuzz, there's bound to be a little buildup in that port. Think about it, between pockets and handbags it's gonna happen eventually. So before you decide to DROP your phone and risk damage, just blow into the port and see if that works first. Troubleshoot first, drop phone LAST! ;)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I discovered the same problem this morning with my S3 when plugging it in. Just so happens this is the very first time I did not charge my phone overnight! Tried to charge it on about 5 different charging cords. Called Sprint and they said first step is to blow some air into the port for the charger. Believe it or not, it worked. I presume with all the exposure phones have to fibers, dust, and fuzz, there's bound to be a little buildup in that port. Think about it, between pockets and handbags it's gonna happen eventually. So before you decide to DROP your phone and risk damage, just blow into the port and see if that works first. Troubleshoot first, drop phone LAST! ;)

I'm with you on this. I don't think I could ever intentionally drop my phone.

from my Sony XTZ via Tapatalk IV

quigbklyn31

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Wow! Thank you for the suggestion. With the case on, I dropped my phone from a height of two feet on to my wooden coffee table and it worked!!!
It is now taking a charge! Go figure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance