Samsung Galaxy Note 2 vs 1 [pic]

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I just bought an original Note, rather than waiting for the Note 2. To me, it's all about the wider screen. I want the big screen for web surfing, so I think of the Note as a mini-tablet moreso than a telephone. And, in "landscape" orientation, I can definitely read things without resorting to resizing much better than I can in "portrait" orientation -- so I'll be using landscape a lot. And thus, every extra pixel over the "width" of the original Note will make it meet my needs that much better than the Note 2 ever could.

Otherwise, I sure don't need the new gimmicky features -- my original Note came running ICS, and I've been completely happy with its features and performance, so far.

So, here's another enthusiastic vote for the original Note!

thoots

ramnitb

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Note 2 because of the LED notification and amazing specs. It also feels a lot better in the hand as the width is slightly decreased.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Had the International GNote also the GNote from ATT. I sold them when I first heard the GN2 was coming and got the SGSIII. I just saw this as I was going to the GN2 forum.

I got my GN2 yesterday and while the screen is not better from my view, almost everything else is.

Processor, Touchwiz, RAM, battery, s-pen, jellybean etc. And it feels better in my hand. It is like a bigger SGSIII with an s-pen and I love that! No contest between these devices in my opinion.

adipabeta

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Which do you prefer?

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 vs 1 [pic]

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/04/ygyma3u3.jpg

Do everyone notices.
The frame around the screen of the original note.
Definitely makes it have more premium looks.
As on the lumia 900. Frame around the screen gave a premium feels.
And as everyone says, the original note wide is good.
Both looks and use. :D

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Ray Thomas1

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't like the feel of the Note II at all, and much prefer the original Note. The original Note does all that I want, smoothly and fairly quickly. It also has options that I don't really need, so I can't see why I would want to get rid of my original Note for the newer model.

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Mixed feelings here. I like the wider screen of my original Note, but it is less comfortable to hold than the Note 2 which I handled recently at a Best Buy. Further, the reduced screen resolution on Note 2 was VERY noticeable to my eyes and that's an issue, since I do like to read on my Note.

Since I can't really afford a Note 2 anyway, it's all kind of moot. Got lucky and got this Note used and off contract for $225, that kind of deal lightning rarely strikes twice! I use mine as a very portable wifi tablet, so the wider screen is probably best for my purposes.

Sort of hoping Samsung will consider making a Note 7" tablet with good screen resolution and S-pen, or make the 10" tablet with higher resolution. My eyes do best with higher resolution.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note (Thing Two).

kurosenpai

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Spec wise - note 2
Design wise - note 1

Not sure if you guys noticed that galaxy note looks like a big version of galaxy s2 and note 2 is a big version Galaxy s3. Can they at least change the design a bit so that there's a distinctive and unique feeling for each phones.
:eek:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Bradah

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
For Design look :Note 1 not by much
For Elegance and HArdeware (Camera, Speakers, LED even and S Pen) then Note 2 By ALOOOTT trsut me
For Software:They will be similar if you root and flash jelly bean into note 1, if not then note 2 software is load better android 4.1 is alot better than ICS by alot
For Gaming and Media: Note 2 is WAY Better in gaming than note 1 BY huge it can be locked at super smooth framesrate in most games even in intensive games plus hadling extra textures which note 1 cant do and lags too lol and media is better on note 2 in terms on look and features but not by much in media but gaming NOTE 2 never get not 1 for gaming

too me Note 1 does look better than note 2 but i'll regreat getting note 1 lol unless jelly bean comes out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC