USB storage blank or has unsupported file system????

maf_few

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I just accessed my gallery and it comes up with no items, and a message that says "SD card being used as a mass storage device". I cant take pictures because when i press the camera it says "Turn off USB storage before using camera".
In the notification center, there's a message that reads "Blank USB storage - USB storage blank or has unsupported file system"
This has happened all of a sudden, i haven't changed anything on my phone, it was just spontaneous and has never happened to me before.

biggorilla71

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I assume your SD card was a large capacity one... mine was 32 GB before my Galaxy S3 ate it... and believe me... it's toast... fried... unusable... unrecoverable...

Unfortunately, this is a long-running and well documented issue, which Samsung has yet to fix.... too busy spewing out new units I guess...

Put an old 4 GB card in... seems to be happier... :(

Dan TheWebMan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Just got that message. I was able to reformat on the PC putting the micro into the adapter. Fortunately I was using Dropbox so all my 2,000+ pictures on the 32GB were safe. http://db.tt/5NqotB3l for dropbox. I don't know if it was connected to the Android software update I just did on the S3.

maf_few

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the answers, but the funny thing is, i dont have an sd card in my phone and i think the message is due to an error with the place where the phone stores photos ect?

Jodie Gredig

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, have you managed to solve this issue? I have had the exact same thing happen to my phone, all photos and music gone and I havenot inserted an sd card.

Anish Celestine

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I am facing the same damn issue. Doesn't look like I have any option but to format the USB storage :-( :-(

Is there anything that I can do to save my photos?

mabdutty

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Dear All,

I am facing exactly the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy Note, all of a sudden. What would be the reason behind this issue, as I don't use any additional SD card? Please advise whether you had any luck with the issue. By clicking "format", I am worried that I am gonna lose all my photos, which were not backed up. Kindly respond with your status/advise on this issue ASAP!!

Regards - Max

arashmotamedi

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I just accessed my gallery and it comes up with no items, and a message that says "SD card being used as a mass storage device". I cant take pictures because when i press the camera it says "Turn off USB storage before using camera".
In the notification center, there's a message that reads "Blank USB storage - USB storage blank or has unsupported file system"
This has happened all of a sudden, i haven't changed anything on my phone, it was just spontaneous and has never happened to me before.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar