Inaccurate charge indicator

datawalla

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
The charge indicator in the notification bar has begun showing that the phone is fully charged while it's plugged into the charger, but then when I unplug it, it immediately drops to the accurate reading, which may only be 85 percent. If I plug it back in, it shows charging again until it reaches a full charge, which may or may not be true. I sometimes have to reconnect it to the charger as many as three times to actually get a full charge. Also, while charging overnight, the phone will start randomly giving the charger connected "chirp," sometimes once, sometimes over and over, even though the charger status has not changed. To stop it, I have to physically disconnect and reconnect the charger. The battery sometimes seems to drain faster than it used to, but it's hard to tell; it could be my imagination. Has anyone else had this problem? Is this the sign of a failing battery?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Try a new battery. You can find many 3rd party batteries for under $10. After a year of hard use my original battery is kaput. It doesn't last 20 minutes and the battery indicator gives improper status. Another battery works fine for me.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781