galaxy note suddenly shut off and won't turn on

Saeedm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Same problem. I put it on charge one night and found it dead 4am in the morning. Does not do anything except the dim red flash on one of the LEDs. I think this problem is prevalent!

Tami Miller

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Same issue - My phone was working fine, screen started flashing intermittently, now is completely black, however, I can hear it power up, see the lights, etc. The craziest thing is that when I went to remove my SD card per the input others provided, it wasn't even in the phone! Which now explains why I was having issues viewing some pictures in albums that were a little older- instead of the pic, it would display an android black icon. So, first, I need to figure out what is going on with display then second, figure out what happened/who took my SD Card! I also tried the reset by holding power/volume down, but it is still black so I cannot see the menu to select the appropriate choice. I guess the only thing I can do is send it in now:(

sitsofegh

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
galaxy note 2 suddenly screen blackout ... did not fall down or in water. tried rebooting , taking ot battery and restarting all to no avail

AARTHURJ

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I think this might be a problem with a number of samsumg galaxy products. I own a galaxy note pro 12.2. After about 6 months it simply would not start. I noticed right before it went out it flickered a few times then simply would not start. I contacted samsung and informed them of the problem. They had me send it to a repair shop in texas (i'm in n.c.). I should be getting it back tomorrow (monday 10/06/2014). In the repair statement that i received they said that they had to replace the motherboard and a 21-pin fpcb. So we'll see how it works when i get it back tommorrow.

Amanda Stocklin

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
galaxy note pro suddenly shut off and won't turn on

I think this might be a problem with a number of samsumg galaxy products. I own a galaxy note pro 12.2. After about 6 months it simply would not start. I noticed right before it went out it flickered a few times then simply would not start. I contacted samsung and informed them of the problem. They had me send it to a repair shop in texas (i'm in n.c.). I should be getting it back tomorrow (monday 10/06/2014). In the repair statement that i received they said that they had to replace the motherboard and a 21-pin fpcb. So we'll see how it works when i get it back tommorrow.

Thanks for your review because I've had the same problem with my note pro but I've only had mine for about 2 months!!! I've googled it but haven't found much due to them being so new. I will contact Samsung tech.

Hector Colon

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
all I have to say is because good people like you we can become strong in resolvng problems like this...completely frustrated by this SDSi was able to take the advice of RAJ,took the sd card of and my memory card (just in case) put the charger on and BINGO! is working again! thank you guys and girls for your support and keep up the good work!

e2kosio

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
!!! Solution / Solved !!!!

Hi Guys,

The problem is caused by battery 100% exhaustion. Most devices leave some charge and turn off. When you have less than 10% and flicker screen for instance - it drains the battery and there is no power left. If you have no power at all the phone BIOS cannot activate charging mode and you are stuck.

Therefore good solution is to charge the already drained to some state – at least 5% or more at other similar phone or battery charging station (you can buy one even second hand or use compatible from other model – not recommended dough) and when you plug it back your phone will start charging and working normal.

That’s it.

colelahlah

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Got the same problem few seconds ago. I panicked and go to google and saw this post. I try to remove my sim card since I dont have an SD card. Then, my sister accidentaly remove the charger in the plug itself, so I put it back in and it charged and its open again. Im just worried if there will be next time to this. :'(

Wan Teng Wong

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I just realized that my Samsung Note 2 suddenly shut off and wont turn on too!!
What i try is: Charged the phone and it will automatically turn on!!Eventhough your phone got battery at first. :)

Nabil Akroud

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
this morning my SM910C, turn off and I can´t turn it on again, I try all things in this post but no way to put it on.
I bought it from other country, I dont know if samsung services will accept repair it in my country !!
:'(

RobbieWilkes

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy Note 4 died today. Just purchased at the end of May, and have had 0 problems before. Not dropped and no water damaged.

It was working just fine, almost fully charged, had just been using it and set it to the side. Picked it up and the power light was on, but it would not respond. Pulled and reset the battery, but no lights... nothing. Pulled and left out for a while... put it back in... tried charging for an hour... still no luck.

Decided to go to the AT&T store to see if it might possibly be the battery, and, barring that, hopefully get a replacement.

The young guy took it and looked it over. Did exactly what I did, pulling the battery and plugging it in. I was being polite, but, as a LONG-time PC tech myself, was resisting the urge to eye-roll. Then, as he replaced the battery, plugged it up, sat holding the buttons and, suddenly, the phone powered on, and popped up an orange message. He then restarted it, and it powered on up.

"What wizardry is this?", I exclaimed. I forgot to mention that I am a huge geek. :-!

He explained that pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power Button, for a good while, will sometimes fix these type of problems.

FANTASTIC!

No idea what caused the problem, but was just happy to have my phone back and working again.

Hope this helps anyone else that is Googling (or Binging - if anyone actually does that) for an answer.

Just press and keep holding those 3 buttons, and maybe you'll get lucky.

Good luck!

Robbie Wilkes

souravddr2

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem my note edge suddenly shut off while it was in my pocket and now it won't turn on.. I must say I dropped the phone once but I had the entire body changed and the phone stopped working within the month of repair.. Now samsung is saying that it wasn't covered under the repair warranty and I have to pay again for the Motherboard...
So as far as I have found out is that Samsung phones have a hard time allocating memory and are pretty much prone to memory corruption (I mean even the flagship devices) also Samsung employes at most service centres are FRAUDS as the asked for $256 for repair as soon as I said I won't pay that much the changed the price to $150 (naming it a workaround and not under warranty)..
Now as far as I know a motherboard is a motherboard there's nothing like a "workaround" for it... And clearly they are lying... SO I'M NEVER BUYING ANYTHING FROM SAMSUNG AGAIN

Neville R

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. it worked for me too....
i woke up and my phone was dead, tried all things including charging for an hour.....
After removing the sd card, and keeping the phone on charge again, after 5 mins the red notification charging light came back on, and the phone switched back on...
Thanks.

Hammoudi11

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
I have a problem as well with my note 2 I was using it fine nothings ever happened to it suddenly one day I took out the battery to insert a sim card and when I read inserted the sim it just wouldn't turn on i took it to 3 experts none could fix it 2 of themy said it was the emmc chip which may have been corrupted any other help .