galaxy note suddenly shut off and won't turn on

Lulu Ibrahim

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
so i switched my phone off to get out the SD card but it won't switch on again....not in recovery mood...not i download mood...nothing its just black screen !
i tried several things like 1)removing the battery and waiting for several hours and pluging the battery again

2)charging the mobile (the mobile got hot from the back though as if it was charging)

3)connecting it to a laptop

when i lost hope and was just about to go to Samsung one of my friends whose brother is a mobile expert and a developer told me to give the mobile to him and he can fix it for me so i gave it to him but before i do i dropped my mobile into a bag filled with acetone.....he said that it is not a problem he can clean it for me and find out why its not working he kept working on it for 2 days but no results...he just cleaned it from the acetone (he said he knew because the camera was white but now it's normal) and he tried opening it but he couldn't catch the problem ! so i am planning to go to the insurance company but i am scared that they will refuse to help me because 1)the phone was opened from the inside 2)i used it wrongfully which caused the dis-function 3)it was a rooted phone

i know i talked alot but i would really appreciate it if someone told me if i can just fix it myself or do i really have to go and is it a good possiblity that they will refuse to fix it for me and if they did what should i do ? also i was wondering if there is a place where i can insert a pin or so to make it format etc like formatting without turning on

bethmchughx

May 26, 2013
Visit site
my phone was fine one minute then the next it switched off and wouldn't go back on. It's bee hours and i've tried so much.
1- i took the battery out and put it back in.
2- i tried to factory reset it and it just stayed blank
3- i've tried charging it (as it was only on 44% before going off)
4- i've even left it for a couple of hours.
its less than 6 months old and its never done anythin like this. Am i going to need to take it to the shop ? or can i fix it ?

Lulu Ibrahim

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
my phone was fine one minute then the next it switched off and wouldn't go back on. It's bee hours and i've tried so much.
1- i took the battery out and put it back in.
2- i tried to factory reset it and it just stayed blank
3- i've tried charging it (as it was only on 44% before going off)
4- i've even left it for a couple of hours.
its less than 6 months old and its never done anythin like this. Am i going to need to take it to the shop ? or can i fix it ?

go to the warranty center its safer

Anis Ghandour

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Anyone with a Note2 don't bother your selves coz I had the same problem 3 days ago.
I woke up and my phone was off and I tried to turn it on but nothing accept black screen.
I took it to more than 3 professional specialized people and the answer was the same is to throw it coz its not only me had this issue and show me like minimum 20 Note2 having the same problem.
So we throw our money and lost our phones without any warning.
It's a manufacture problem that Samsung will not admit.

ryan1236

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I just had this same problem last night. Phone would get to the start up for a few seconds then screen would do something strange then shut off. It also kept pulsing whenever I would try to turn it back on.

I let it charge to 100% then it turned on ( I also think there is a problem if you let the battery completely die, try not to let that happen). I checked for a new firmware download available on Kies. Working fine now. Good luck

Jaysmemoir

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok so My Galaxy Note 2 - I charged it woke up couldn't turn it on again. Did all the reset thingies NOTHING. Got it diagnosed I was told it is either: the charging plug in, the charging ship or the battery (in that case charge it w/ an external charger. So I got hunt for the external charger and cant find one. Cant find a battery anywhere at any store. Then my brother who is visiting from France asked me which charger I used to charged the phone (GT N7100) I said its a Samsung charger that I bought from Samsung.com because th eone that came with it came w/ an adapter/transformer (since my mine GSM/International from the UK) so that extra piece was regulating the charge but wouldn't stay on the outlet. So I got a US charger from Samsung and that's what messed up my battery/phone. Wrong charge. SO if you have an International/GSM phone and you haven't been using the charger that came with it and used a US Samsun charger (or other brand) then you just need a new battery. I got it checked at Battery Plus: the battery was low w/ high Voltage but wouldn't accept a charge. so yeah just though Id share my..uhm..yea experience.

j cheung

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. One evening, my Note 2 just shut off and would not turn back on again. Like other distressed users, I tried everything else (taking battery out, charging it (not responding at all), waited overnight, tried different chargers ...). It is now taken to the Samsung store and this is day-3, no news yet. I had never thought that this product would be so unreliable! I loved it for all the functions. I am not so sure now.

Denise Mejias

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Highly recommend calling Samsung Tech Support! They are so much better than Verizon's support. I called Samsung Tech Support after visiting one of Verizon's stores and having my intelligence insulted several times while wasting my time. Samsung helped me get my phone back on track and so far so good.

ahmed55487

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
hi

it call SDS(Sudden Death Syndrome)

you better Check your flash memory (eMMC) chip?? Kernel Software version etc.. its kind of Bugs

Samsung have now released a Sudden Death Fix via a patched Kernel and Recovery in latest firmware. Firmware Version??

Google is your friend

mahfuz97

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Did you root the phone by any chance?? You see my brother also has the same problem he rooted the phone, so I am guessing rooting it causes a virus.

rajthaduri

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem and I got it solved by luck,

Last night I was travelling and got struck in rain. It was working fine with low battery and it got switched off. When I tried to charge and switch on the mobile in the morning it didn't work. I thought it was because of the low battery and I connected to charger which didn't work. I went through all the forums and found nothing. Last thing I did was connected the charger for 15-20 mins and took out the micro SD card from the mobile while it was connected to the charger and tried to switch on the phone and there you go .. It works :)

It was just a luck and I am not sure what went wrong.

Thanks,
Raj

MzMaryPie2U

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much I had the same problem went to sleep charging my phone and woke up to a blank screen would not turn on or anything and I was in a panic. I tried plugging it into different chargers the light wouldn't even come on to indicate it was charging. Googled the problem which lead me here. I took the SD card out and plugged the phone back in and it began charging saying the battery was at 0% after I let it charge I was able to turn my phone back on. You're a lifesaver! :)

kaulu

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
When I had the same problem I was reluctant to send my

phone to Samsung because of the many negative remarks by

other users. Finally since I could not find a solution I

sent it to Samsung Service Center and was surprised they

repaired it at no cost since it was still under warranty

(2 years)! The service sheet indicated:
Parts No. GH82-06842A
Description: A/S ASSY-PBA MAIN(COMM)GT-N7100,M16,SVC