Hey guys,
    I've got a GT-N7000, close to two years old with VengeanceTW 3.1 (MIUI) flashed on it. Just yesterday, I when I plugged in my earphones, I could only hear half the sound, and that too in a very low volume. The same headphones worked fine on my PC. After googling for a bit, I checked my earphone slot and it had lint in it. I carefully cleaned it out with a needle, and now whenever I plug in my headphones sound plays out in full volume out of only the left headphone. I flashed MIUI pretty recently and this is the first time I have had this problem. What could be causing this problem, and what should I do?
    Thanks in advance.
    10-26-2013 07:22 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Since clearing the lint out helped the sound partially, I'm inclined to think that there may still be some junk in there. Try using a damp toothpick and scrape around in the headphone jack to see if there is anything deeper. Alternatively, use a can of compressed air and blow the jack out.
    10-26-2013 09:24 PM
    Thank You! I've tried to clean deeper, but under a light there is practically no lint in there. I've also noticed that when I plug my headphones in only 4/5ths of the way through, sound plays out of both the headphones - though this is a major inconvenience as I cannot keep my headphone in that position. I'll try cleaning again, though I do not think it will make such a big difference.
    10-26-2013 10:38 PM
    Is it possible the headphone plug might have gone in too far at one point recently, and damaged some part of the jack? So maybe now, it's going in a little too far, and missing the contacts, but works if you pull it out just a little.

What happens if you try another pair of headphones?
    10-26-2013 10:53 PM
    I have tried three pairs of audio devices (2 headphones, 1 pair of earphones) and all of them are having the same problem. All of them work well when connected to my PC.
    10-27-2013 07:25 AM
    Definitely a problem with your jack. If you can't get any more debris out, you may have to take the phone to a cellphone repair shop to see if they can repair or replace the jack.
    stan450 likes this.
    10-27-2013 11:42 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Since clearing the lint out helped the sound partially, I'm inclined to think that there may still be some junk in there. Try using a damp toothpick and scrape around in the headphone jack to see if there is anything deeper. Alternatively, use a can of compressed air and blow the jack out.
    07-05-2014 07:00 AM