Says storage space is running out but didn't even use half of total space

Allen Kang

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a total space of 1.97GB for the device memory and 650MB of it is used up by applications, however I only have 56.01MB of space left. How can I fix this. I barely installed any apps and the memory is already full. Is this because of the apps it already comes with ?
Screenshot_2014-02-27-12-43-37.png

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
The available space is how much you have left after accounting for pre-installed apps/services. The internal storage folder should show you how much is used for apps, pictures/videos, music, downloads and cached data. Yours is only showing application information. Do you have any downloads or other media on the phone saved to the internal storage?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Allen Kang

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply.
I'm assuming that the internal storage is the storage that the phone originally has?
Well the thing is the phone I'm guessing, comes with a lot of preinstalled apps that I can't seem to uninstall. And so now I can't update any of the apps that I have downloaded myself. also when I click on storage, it shows the "calculating ... for all the other stuff like pictures music and downloads. but only the apps comes up. And Like I mentioned I literally only installed 6 apps. I have never DLed any music and such other then the stuff that are on the sd card.
Also I get an error when I try to update that the "application cannot be installed in the default install location"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair