i717 Audio Problems! PLEASSSSE HELP

Sydney Hodge

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have done everything I can think of. What happens is when I turn the phone on, it automatically thinks there's headsets in it when there's not. I even disconnected the audio jack & it's still reading it. I need help, any advice would be great & appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by disconnecting the audio jack? Did you actually open the phone up and remove the hardware connection?

And you don't have your Bluetooth on, right?

Sydney Hodge

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by disconnecting the audio jack? Did you actually open the phone up and remove the hardware connection?

And you don't have your Bluetooth on, right?

Thank you & I opened the phone & did it & my bluetooth isn't on, but if i connect it, it works. If i call someone, it uses my regular speakers, but then i can't use my headsets.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And I assume you've tried a system cache partition wipe and/or a factory data reset? If so, then it may be a hardware defect. Since you opened the phone up, that presumably voids the warranty (if it was even still under warranty, that is).

Sydney Hodge

May 20, 2013
Visit site
And I assume you've tried a system cache partition wipe and/or a factory data reset? If so, then it may be a hardware defect. Since you opened the phone up, that presumably voids the warranty (if it was even still under warranty, that is).

i've had the phone for awhile. i was wondering what can make the headset short out like that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos