Device freezes every time I copy files through USB mass storage

Raestloz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have CyanogenMod 10.1.3 installed on my GT-N7000, no SD card inserted. For some reason my device will inevitably freeze whenever I copy a large amount of file (say, about 400MB) from my PC to the internal storage.

I'm not using Kies to do it, I use USB mass storage mode. The 400MB is not the size of an individual file, arbitrary amount of file of various sizes can be copied but when about 400MB have been transferred the device will freeze.

When I said "freeze", the device no longer responds to any input. I enabled "show touches" from developer option to show if my touches register at all (a grey circle will appear where I touch), nothing appeared. Pressing any of the hardware keys also does not yield any result. Interestingly, the battery charge animation still runs. The only thing I can do at that point is to reset the device, either via removing the battery or holding the power button for 10 seconds (this one still works)

What can I do? I want to transfer my files at peace and I fear that frequent sudden disconnections will someday corrupt the internal storage itself

Note:
The cable itself is fine, I used the same USB cable for my external hard drive and another phone without a hitch